“Unexpected surprise to find cheap and cheerful in this area”
Review of Hatch Station

and 1 more site!
Hatch Station
Ranked #2 of 2 Hatch B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stopped off here on the way through from Zion to Bryce, mainly because we were tired and it was raining hard. We had wanted to stay in a traditional US motel and expected it to be a little basic and dingy. We were delighted to find a cosy and clean room where we had the best night sleep on our entire 3 week road trip. The young man on the desk was welcoming and friendly. There is also a laundry there. If you are looking to buy alcohol whilst staying here, be aware its a 40 mile round trip...we didnt bother.All in all, we found the motel to be excellent value for money and only about 40 minutes from Bryce canyon

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bluebell_Skye

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for just one night. The food next door was excellent and the rooms was clean, cool and new. I really enjoyed and was surprised at how nice it was for the price. The only two negatives were the Internet was slow and there was no beer to be found in Hatch. The room was great and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

While Hatch may seem to be in the middle of nowhere, it is the perfect location for exploring this part of Utah, and about 39 mins away from the amazing Bryce Canyon. It is a quirky and charming place, lovely setting, and incredibly friendly and helpful staff. We met the owner Mike, and George, Colleen and another lovely staff member - all who gave us excellent and friendly service, found a solution to our minor difficulty - and just made the experience one of our best! The dinner at the diner was amazing, and the breakfast the next morning at a nearby café was also delicious, with fun and friendly staff. We'll definitely stay here again - especially when the "biker themed" rooms open up!

Room Tip: All rooms are good - while the hotel is located on a busy road, we were not disturbed by traffic no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cchorne
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Although I missed by a year getting to stay in the now-razed "Hatch Has Cabin Fever" facility, I can check "Hatch Station" off my Bucket List.

This small motel in the small town of Hatch, Utah, is located between Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park, near the Sevier River, which flows in a northerly direction. Hatch Station is a homey kind of place, with a spectacular view of colored buttes outside and room interiors decorated with folk art. If you're not vigilant, however, you can pass right by the property, which is on the east side of US Highway 89, near the south end of town, across from the gasoline station.

I checked in and paid the awesomely-low bill, after which I received the room key attached to a horseshoe, along with a 20%-off coupon for breakfast at diner up the road, owned by the same folks who own the motel and accompanying steakhouse. While I didn't take the opportunity to try out the eateries, I was satisfied with the accommodations.

My cozy room, number six, had a convection heater as well as an LP air conditioning unit, so I had my choice of which to plug into the wall. Included in the low room fee were free Internet that worked well, and DirecTV service on an old-style tube television set. No, not the really old style, but not flat screen. No problem.

The facility met my five standards: clean, comfortable bed; electrical outlet near the bed for nighttime use of my breathing machine; a clean, working bathroom; good climate control; and working Internet (free).

I was tucked into the back of the row of rooms extending from the highway, so heard no road sounds. The first time I flushed the toilet, I became concerned it might end up running, but discovered it merely took time to fill the tank. The water ran icy cold in the sink until I let it run a bit, which I usually don't do, being a Westerner familiar with water-shortage issues caused by drought. I attributed the cold flow to the chill in the air that evening.

The young man who checked me in was pleasant and helpful, and my stay was comfortable. What more could I ask for?

Next time I stay at Hatch Station, I'll be sure to check out the prime rib at the steakhouse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marshaward
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent only one night here on the way to bryce canyon. Very good, the best of the entire trip. Very picturesque location that remind you of the western time, clean and delightful place and close to bryce canyon national park. very recomended it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Half an hour to Bryce Canyon, Hatch station offers reasonable prices. Our bedroom was very small, with a canib-bathroom. On the whole it was quite clean and comfortable. No breakfast included, but they give you coupons for a diner in the village: we skipped it, though, because we wanted to see the sunrise on Bryce Canyon... And it was worth it!
The wner is very kind and talkative, he gave us many advice on what to see and on the best road to Moab.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank penelope72
Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you are traveling between Zion NP and Bryce Canyon, this is the place to stay. Very reasonably priced and very clean. We stopped for dinner at the restaurant and when I saw how clean and cozy it was, I did not hesitate to ask about their rooms. The prime rib is incredible and comes with a top notch salad bar with homemade soup. Delicious. As others have said, the restaurant is not open for breakfast but they offer 20% off at the diner down the street. Don't hesitate to stay here! They also have a laundry area if you need one!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatch
Mountain Ridge Cabins and Lodging
#2 of 14 in Panguitch
Bryce Zion Inn
Bryce Zion Inn
#2 of 2 in Hatch

Been to Hatch Station? Share your experiences!