“What a wonderful find!”

Mountain Ridge Motel and Cabins
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hatch
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here by accident. I needed a room between Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. I had booked online at "Hatch Station". When I arrived there, I found out that they had computer problems and they were overbooked. I was told I could stay across the road at a nice place. It turns out I was very fortunate. "Hatch Station" looked run down. "Mountain Ridge" turned out to be relatively new and immaculate. I also got the room at a bargain price...$50 for the night. Now there's not much in Hatch, but the restaurant at "Hatch Station" served up very good food with excellent service. The "Galaxy Diner" was funky and also a good value. I strongly recommend this as a sweet stopover for a weary traveler.

Room Tip: End units are best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffy_18

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice room, clean and comfortable. What stands out, however, is the graciousness of the host. He's a great man of trust who also gave great restaurant recommendations and park information.
The drive from there to Bryce was beautiful, but not too far.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Driving the biway 12 to Bryce. We thought we would go without a reservation big mistake. We checked every town after Bryce and finally found this place with a vacancy. Thank goodness it worked out well and cheap to. Room was very nice, modern. Comfortable bed. No blow dryer though. I would recommend this place. Had a really nice campground as well. Everything clean and tidy. Excellent restaurant across the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were on a 12 day Motorcycle trip thru Utah, Nevada and Arizonia. This was the favorite place that we stayed. Rooms were very clean and the furnishings were new or fairly new. We arrived a little before 8:00 pm and were told the only place open to eat was the little restaurant across the street and they closed at 8:00. We had THE BEST meal there and the people were so friendly even though they locked the doors and we were the last ones there. For a town the size of Hatch this was an excellent place to stay!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holly F
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this cosy hotel on our way from Zion to Bryce Canyon. It is close to the national park and way cheaper than the hotels inside the park.
The room was perfectly clean and had nice furniture. Only the bed was really soft and since we are more used to harder beds, we woke up with a little back pain, that's why we don't give a 5.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

New or nearly new, in perfect immaculate condition. Very small, 7 units along with RV park. Friendly help even though they lost my reservation, but not an issue as I was the only guest for the night. WIFI was there but didn't work, it wouldn't connect even though it saw it. Limited WIFI from across the street. No extras like Refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave or breakfast in the AM. Still, a nice place I would consider staying at again even though you have to make reservations by phone, no online booking. Support the small fry, if you can do without the amenities, this is the place. Nothing was wrong and I would stay there again. Working WIFI and maybe a small fridge would make it a full 5 stars in my book.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are taking 89 north and it's getting dark this place is the best even by large chain standards. I called ahead, which was unnecessary, and the gentlemen at the front desk was very nice and very helpful. The trims are in some respects nicer than your own! Lol!

There is no one here past 9pm so call ahead if its 8p just be safe.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank TheGarciaTwo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatch
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cannonville
Bryce Canyon Pines
Bryce Canyon Pines
#2 of 6 in Bryce

Been to Mountain Ridge Motel and Cabins? Share your experiences!