“Just Great!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I ended up by chance in Hanksville on a week-long trip through Utah. There is not much there, but spending a night here was one of the highlights of my trip. It was a really cold morning in March when I woke up and was looking for something to eat. We drove across the street from the Whispering Sands to Blondies. The menu was a little atypical for the kinds of southern breakfast food I am used to eating but the cook whipped up an egg omelet type sandwich for me that was just awesome. I crave another one to this day but I don't think I will be able to get another anytime soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A great ice cream shop and restaurant. Blondies looks and feels like a 1950's roadside restaurant with all the latest menu offerings as well.We had malts and shakes that were far better than most restaurants serve. You order at the counter and food is promptly delivered to your table. When done, the restaurant does the clean up. The Ruben sandwich I had can only be bested in New York for about three times the price. Located on the main drag, Blondies should not be missed.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had breakfast here before heading into Canyonlands. Located right next to the gas station, which is handy. The breakfast was good old american fare, a bit pricy, but just fine. This is a very small town, so everything here must be a little more expensive - its just the nature of the supply chain. I would recommend Blondies to anyone.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is strictly an order-at-the-counter, pay-in-advance kind of place. Not quite fast food, but pretty close to it. They offer primarily burgers, hot and cold sandwiches, and milkshakes, though there is also a breakfast menu. Our BLT's were small, which was okay as we tend to overindulge a bit when traveling, and came with a bag of chips. Shakes are the eat-with-a-spoon type. Very basic, but they keep it up well and the restrooms are clean.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A good place to take a break on Highway 24 - although there are not too many choices available for quite a long distance on this route! The coffee was good, the service friendly; and we had some sandwiches made up 'to go' that proved to be really tasty.