“Convenient oasis.”

Whispering Sands Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanksville
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Used this as base camp for going into the Maze. Comfortable rooms. The place stayed busy, at cross roads on the way to Lake Powell. Continental breakfast available at the gas station/convenience store around the corner. Considering how isolated this area is, it's a very welcome surprise to have this nice a motel available. Also ate supper at Slickrock Grill up the street. Awesome!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Morgenstern71

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful. There are several places nearby to "gas-up" and to eat---both of those things mean a lot in this area of Utah. They provide a towel to clean your boots and/or your car windows---and both need dusting when in this part of the country.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ballhawg
Reviewed October 10, 2013

this motel has very cute cabins. comfortable to stay in and quiet. The staff wasn't as friendly as they should be, but she was congenial. if you have to stay in Hanksville, then this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms by calling the motel directly. I spoke with a young man who took my credit card information and told me I was confirmed. But now, one day prior to arriving, we are told we have no reservation and and they are completely booked. The woman I spoke with was rude and acted completely apathetic. We were looking forward to staying here but we'll never attempt to do so again.

Room Tip: If you decide to make a reservation, do so online and print a hard copy. Otherwise there's no g...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Todd H
dukjes, General Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Sir, I am sorry that you feel I was rude to you when you called to check on your reservations. It is unfortunate that I had no record of you in our system and you had no confirmation number. That night was completely booked since the beginning of Sept. I am sorry I was unable to help the situation. I do understand that humans do make mistake and I am sorry that you were unable to stay with us because of an error on our part. Please except my apology.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Cozy "cabin" room. Very good bath towels. Well equipped with frig, mwave and friendly owner. Good continental breakfast provided free. Convenient to Goblin Valley State Park and Little Wildhorse Slot Canyon. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are in this part of Utah, you are off the beaten path. But here is a clean, comfortable motel to rest your head. The owners are kind. The price is reasonable and the amenities are quite nice. Plus we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast before heading to Capitol Reef. Nice spot in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed here several times as we passed through this part of Utah. The owners are wonderful. The motel is clean. There are not a lot of frills but all the basics are covered!! Be sure to have a burger and fries at Stan's!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Whispering Sands Motel? Share your experiences!