“Nice place to stay!”

Whispering Sands Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanksville
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed here several times as we passed through this part of Utah. The owners are wonderful. The motel is clean. There are not a lot of frills but all the basics are covered!! Be sure to have a burger and fries at Stan's!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip west and at the end of the day fortunately discovered this place.Very comfortable,chairs outside the room,to enjoy the warm night(August) great restaurant nearby.Breakfast was a little walk away,somewhat unusual for us lazy ones!Laundry available,otherwise a nice little spot to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
dukjes, Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. I hope that if you are this way again you will stop and stay with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stopped for the night our our way to Lake Powell. The room was comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast did not have a lot of choices but met the need. The Internet was very slow. Overall, it is a good place to stop overnight in Hanksville.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed here a few times before over the past few years, and believed it to be the best choice in Hanksville. The room is clean, everything works, the bathroom has good water pressure with no shortage of hot water. However, customer service needs a lot of help. After I checked in, I emailed my wife that I had arrived, she then called the hotel and asked to be connected to my room. The lady on the phone told her no one was in my room. We kept emailing so my wife knew I was there - but we wanted to talk on the phone. My wife kept calling, explaining that we were emailing so she knew I was there. The manager then told my wife that my room's phone was broken. I tried it and It was working fine. Finally after 2 hours and several calls from my wife, the manager came to my room (the office was all of 10 steps away) and said I could take the call in the motel office, which I did. My wife said the manager was rude to her on the phone, kept putting her on hold, and let the phone sit for a long time while she was waiting, long enough that she had to hang up and call again. I was expecting some sort of apology from the manager after speaking to my wife on the phone, but what I got was "just leave the key in the room when you check out". Despite my previous good experience here, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
dukjes, Manager at Whispering Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

I am sorry you feel that way. I tried countless times to transfer calls to your room. I did tell your wife the first time she called that there was no answer so I didn't think you were in. At the time I didn't realize the transfers were not connecting with your room. I tried explaining this to your wife each time she called. She did get put on hold several times because I was with customers. I did offer you my office phone to take out side to talk to your wife and you declined.I did apologize to you while you were in my office after you hung up with your wife. Very sorry you felt that I did not take care of this properly.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in Hanksville, UT on a business trip. I was quite pleased with the clean, comfortable feel of the motel. Although I did not visit any National Parks in the area, the place seems to have many customers. The houskeeping service was great always a clean room when I returned. Overall this is the place to go if your visiting Capital Reef National Park. The price was great as well, they offer continental breakfeast near the hotel at Stan's.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

OK, you are in Hanksville -- in the middle of nowhere and it is dark and you are tired. Where do you stay?? Lucky for you the Whispering Sands Motel is right off the highway. I was stunned at how clean and comfy this place was. I am not a big fan of "off brand hotels" but I have to say that this trip to Southern Utah opened up my horizons a bit. WS was very clean and the bed was totally comfortable. The other patrons were certainly quiet and well behaved -- even though were were there leading in to a holiday weekend and most people make a stop here on their way to lake Powell. Despite that, everyone was quiet and we got a great night sleep. They even have a little continental breakfast in the morning at the restaurant next door. Well worth the price!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Capital Reef National Park, Canyonlands, and the Arches. Nice size room, comfortable and quiet. The hotel was newly painted and furnishing updated. Good breakfast provided. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanksville
National 9 Inn
National 9 Inn
#1 of 2 in Wellington
Duke's Slickrock Campground & RV Park
Sunlit Oasis
Sunlit Oasis
#6 of 8 in Torrey

Been to Whispering Sands Motel? Share your experiences!