Hanksville is the definition of a tiny junction town, but is very convenient for the little known but very attractive Capital Reef National Park. It's a dry and dusty place with little but a couple of motels and gas stations, and a house boat park (?!) As with so many of these small town eateries, the diner across the road (Blondies) seems to close when the staff feel like it.
On the plus side, the motel is well back from the road, hence very quiet. The room was a reasonable size, and had a fridge, but no coffee maker. Bathroom was fine, bedroom reasonably clean. Wifi is advertised, but I could only connect by walking to the office (which was closed) and sitting on the bench out front. Tricky in mid-summer sunlight. Reception desk was ok (when manned) but not overly welcoming.
I'd stay again in view of the lack of anything better. The driving to it through Capitol Reef, and from it through Glen Canyon, is outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Motel Hanksville, Utah