“A pleasant surprise in the 'middle of nowhere'”

Duke's SlickRock Grill
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hanksville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Malibu, California
“A pleasant surprise in the 'middle of nowhere'”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This restaurant couldn't have been more surprising. We weren't expecting great food in the middle of Route 24; Hanksville seemed far away from good food possibilities. We were wrong. Duke's SlickRock has an extensive menu. We had a burger that I'd rank at the top of burger experiences for me (I'm not usually a fan.) Friendly service. Add this to your tour of Route 24.

Nevada City, California
“I ate there 2 times a day for 14 days. The food was very good and consistent in taste and quality.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I liked the entire staff. Order up was my favorite chef. The women at the restaurant helped me with local knowledge introduced me to Morris Wolf a local petroglyph scholar and painter of Barrier rock art. Hanksville is the center of the hub and you can adventure in all directions and have a great dinner every evening.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank James W
MIDWEST
“limited choices in town”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not alot of choices in Hanksville so tried the slick rock. Took awhile to get waited on, our waitress had to chat with friends. I ordered a flatiron but they no longer had them. Maybe excellent in Hanksville but average in the real world.

Scottsdale
“Pleasant Suprise!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had no intention to drive through Hanksville, but made a wrong turn and decided to head up to I-70. Our group of seven cars needed lunch, so decided to try Duke's. Good decision because the place was very, very good. Food very good and service excellent. I ordered the fish and chips special. Possibly the best fish and chips I've had. My wife had the halibut sandwich, which she thought very good.

Unfortunately, we may never get through Hanksville again, but if we do, we will definitely eat at Duke's SlickRock Grill. With the exception of our meal in Vegas, the best meal we had on our five day trip.

St. George, Utah
“A nice find”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was very good as was the very attentive service. Don't be misled by the decor or location. It is a good restaurant masquerading as a cafe.

Visited May 2014