“Incredible experience exploring new place in southern Utah”

Get In The Wild Adventures
and up
Robber's Roost Canyoneering Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Get In The Wild Adventures offers a wide range of wilderness trips and courses in the most beautiful, rugged and awe-inspiring canyons in America. We operate in locations that few other guide services go including the Dirty Devil/Robber's Roost Wilderness, Fiddler Butte Wilderness, French Springs Wilderness, Goblin Valley/San Rafael Swell and Capitol Reef National Park. From exciting hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and photography tours to family adventure vacations, vehicle basecamp vacations, Yoga In The Wild retreats and hard core expeditions. We have trips and programs for adventurers of all ages, interests and skill levels. Extraordinary Adventure Vacations in Southern Utah's Wildest Places!
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had an awesome family experience with Chris and Matt as guides in a technical slot canyon in the Dirty Devil area of southern Utah. We asked for a technical route to challenge our athletic and adventurous kids as well as scare us a bit. They are very safety conscious and share their knowledge of the area and of canyoneering.

3  Thank teamlundy
There are newer reviews for Get In The Wild Adventures

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I took my son and daughter for a full day of Canyoneering with Get in the Wild Adventures. Matt was great guide and very good with the kids. We all had a blast rappelling and climbing through a slot canyon in the Dirty Devil Wilderness. The hummus, feta and mint sandwiches were delicious. And to top it off Matt and Chris pointed us to a beautiful campsite for the night.

3  Thank Jim S
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband & I spent a day in the Dirty Devil Wilderness with Chris and his associate, Matt this October. Having spent much time in the wilderness myself I am especially appreciative of others who have strong skills in the outdoors but more importantly safety first. Chris's knowledge is vast, his way easy going and his ability to gauge the level of fitness & what to present his client with for a challenge but still within the bounds of safety is superb. Our recommendation and appreciation is high. The experience with Get in the Wild is simply... just down right nice folks who you feel could be in your circle of friends. Katy C

2  Thank Katy C
Christopher H, Owner at Get In The Wild Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Katy C,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your canyoneering adventure trip in the Dirty Devil/Robber’s Roost Wilderness. Matt and I had a great time experiencing the awe-inspiring beauty and solitude of this fabulous area with you and your husband.

At Get In The Wild we are very fortunate to have a wide variety of amazing wilderness areas to explore. This allows us great flexibility in providing trips that are a perfect match for our guest’s interests and abilities. From easy canyon hiking trips to scrambling, backpacking and technical canyoneering—we have great adventures perfect for most anyone.

We are certainly happy to add you both to our circle of friends that enjoy the very best of the great outdoors. We look forward to taking in another exciting trip with you both in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had the most amazing trip with Chris and Melissa--I highly recommend them to anyone wanting a unique experience, and one you can't do on your own. We camped for five days on the rim of a canyon carved by the Dirty Devil in southeastern Utah, in what felt like our own private national park. We explored slick rock, slots, followed canyons, forded rivers and rarely used a trail. We saw almost no one. Chris' technical knowledge, as well as his knowledge of the region is expansive and he handles all levels of ability and experience with patience and compassion--one feels completely safe with him. Add to that Melissa's knowledge of flora and fauna, excellent cooking, and general "wonderfulness" and you have quite a team. The camp was perfect, with amenities you would never expect in the desert, and the company was engaging. This is a trip I will never forget and can't wait to do another! If you think I am exaggerating, I am not! Do it!

3  Thank Martha W
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Chris and Melissa were incredible guides in an awe inspiring landscape. I had the pleasure of not only seeing incredible landscapes, but the opportunity to learn new back country skills from experts.
What most impressed me about NAWLS was their ability to rapidly assess your interests and abilities and shape the activities around you. Their approach allows you as the customer to get the best value for your money.
I highly recommend NAWLS to everyone looking for a firm dedicated to safety, teaching, and maximizing your outdoor experience regardless of your current skill level.

1  Thank Nshammond
Christopher H, Owner at Get In The Wild Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Fellow Adventure Enthusiast,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent canyoneering trip. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip in the spectacular redrock canyons of Southern Utah.

We are proud to be able to offer exciting outdoor adventure trips to most anyone that has a passion for the outdoors--regardless of their age or skill level. With a wide variety of locations, routes and wilderness areas to chose from, we can provide great flexibility in adjusting our trips and itieraries to fit most any need.

On behalf of the whole Get In The Wild team, thank you very much for your post and for your kind compliments about your recent trip.