Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bruce M
Juneau, Alaska

Funky but clean and comfortable.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 4, 2016
Moab has NO DEALS and I wasn't about to drop $120 for one night. Stayed here on two different occaisions and it was just fine. Yes it's old and funky but the gal I dealt with was very nice and suggested a great place to eat. I'm watching a bit of TV and sleeping. No problem!
Date of stay: April 2016
    exterior
    • Official Site
    0.8 miles from Book Cliff Lodge
    View more hotels in Green River
    See what travelers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

Well stayed here hoping the reviews wouldn't be half as bad as they are. This place needs to be updated and cleaned. The mattress on the side had indescribable stains. The chair as you see also had stains. The front desk lady was way nice but the hotel definitely needs a remodel.

Date of stay: October 2015
    Trip type: Traveled with family
    1  Thank krisy82
    Reviewed September 11, 2015

Over labor day weekend, all the hotels in Moab were booked so looked online 30 miles from Moab and found this motel on Expedia so I booked it. I usually stay in a brand name hotel, but once in a while I have stayed in a motel in a crunch and it had never been so bad as this. First on a positive note, rate is cheaper comparatively and room is huge -- I mean it might have been almost 1000 sq ft with two beds and space to put more. There was some cleaner smell in the room which was so overwhelming that we had no idea what it was trying to cover up. No bed bites but the smell might have been from pesticide. the floor squeaked as you walked and the entire property is run down and maintained by the person who owns it. Mattress were soft and we tried not to move so it makes no noise. It was hard to sleep with smell and uncomfortable bed. Bathroom was huge and shower was good, so no complaints there. I wish we had driven just a little more and stayed at regular chain hotel. I thought I would be charged if I walked away since I had a booking and it turns out that she asked for my physical card to charge only when I checked in.

Room tip: Checkout the room before you commit
    Date of stay: September 2015
    • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Deepti P
    Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I've ever seen in my entire life. It was so bad that we ended up not even sleeping there because I was too scared. We stayed there a few years ago and when we checked in we noticed a county health department notice on the front door. There was also no cars in the parking lot. We asked the owner why no one was there and they said there's people staying there, they just don't have cars. Our only thought was transients. They need to level that building if they haven't done so yet.

Date of stay: June 2014
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    6  Thank KatieK1753
    Reviewed September 14, 2014

I've stayed at the Book Cliffs a few times, dirt bike riding in the area. My room has always been satisfactory, and the cheapest rate anywhere around. It cost me the same for a week there as it would for one night in a Moab hotel. Granted, it's old but my room has always been clean (although there are stains, hey, welcome to the real world, hipsters!). If stuff didn't work, the staff gave me a different room where it did work. I don't care for all the luxuries, I want a decent shower and a good night's sleep, and I get it here. My vehicle or belongings have never been bothered here. The staff seems to change every time I go there, but the latest lady with her kids was nice and businesslike. And apparently the town made them cover up the defunct pool finally; damn, I was hoping to get drunk and fall in there. Bottom line, if you're driving a Mercedes, you probably don't want to stay here. If you live life by "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger", then this is your place. And if you plan on actually going out of the hotel into the great outdoors during the majority of your stay, then this place is perfect...

Room tip: Ask for what you want, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Bottom floors, you will hear noise from upstairs as the place is old and the joists creak.
    Date of stay: September 2014
    • Trip type: Traveled solo
    2  Thank Lee E
    Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was there in september, late night arrival.
    At the reception there was a woman very rude. It is very difficult to describe the rooms...below the bottom...
    Dirty towels and used bed linen. The bathroom was not cleaned.

Room tip: Don't go there!
    Date of stay: September 2013