“It's a dump”

Book Cliff Lodge
Roma
“It's a dump”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was there in september, late night arrival.
At the reception there was a woman very rude. It is very difficult to describe the rooms...below the bottom...
Dirty towels and used bed linen. The bathroom was not cleaned.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MSIRB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place needs to leveled into the ground and rebuilt again. It is like from a horror movie! Everything was disgusting, the sheets were dirty, the towels were gray in color instead of being white, the smell was so bad, that a skunk seems like a perfume in comparison! Furthermore the owners were really rude! There is no refund offered or no considerations from the owners once you book, they will take your money, unless you cancel 24 hrs in advance, but if you book the night before, you are stuck! The price is also outrageous! If you don't have to be there, better spend the night at Fruita, Colorado, which is about an hour plus away, or book any other place in town way in advance, because when we were there on the weekend of September 14-th, everything in town was overbooked!
Please, do not even consider staying at this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stanislav_dymik

Travelers are raving about these Green River hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Never ever stay in this place. It was dirty, AC didn't work, and instead of curtains they had some rolling cardboard fixed on windows. I did not expect much from hotel as it was just for a night stay to get ready for early morning drive, but never thought it can be this bad. Even the booking site ripped us off by charging nearly double of price written outside the lodge.

Even if you are not expecting much, don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kash_H
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Yes it did only cost $35 but still - it's truly awful.

We were camping whilst touring the national parks and decided to treat ourselves to a shower so booked a motel. After seeing the room we discussed going back to reception to cancel but were too scared of the couple. They had bare feet, were filthy and conducted the whole conversation looking in the other direction, it was weird.

The room was big, and in fairness not as filthy as some of the other reviewers had but the floor was soft as if it would fall through. It's pretty funny in hindsight, with the broken windows, rubbish bags and empty pool but at the time was very eerie because with no other guests it was like something from a horror movie!

I'd be a little more sympathatic but felt like the couple were having us over by adding on money for wi-fi and because there were two of us in the room.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rena8282
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wish I had read some of the reviews before I stayed at this place. I was on my way to Moab with my father in law. I am 44 years old by the way and my father in law in a vietnam vet. I had driven for about 16 hours and was too tired to go any further so we had to stop in green river. We couldnt get a room anywhere as the whole town was full up. The super 8 told us to continue to Moab. As I was leaving i caught a hotel out of the corner of my eye that I hadnt noticed the twice we drove up and down the main street. That should have been my first clue to move on. I went to the office and rang the bell, it was about 2 in the morning. Part of the addams family came to the door. One guy looked like Brain from Escape from New York if you are familiar with that movie, a woman in pajamas that had a cigarette hanging from her mouth and was just missing curlers, and some child/man that i can only discribe as the missing link. If I paid $5 dollars it would have been too much looking back. As I checked in the missing link was rocking on a stool and repeated "best hotel in town" I cant even make this stuff up ! We had a room on the second floor. The place was terrible at best. Roaches stuck on traps behind the bed, dirty, sticky, and I cant explain the smell unless you have been to an asylum. We wedged a chair behind the door and my father in law got his gun ready. I didnt bring anything into the room and slept in my clothes at the foot of the bed on top of the filthy comforter. At 7am I got up and saw people leaving quickly. I then noticed a whole section of the place out front that was falling down and not used. I left my room and looked around, had to take pictures because I couldnt believe this place. Hallway was about 30 feet high and I noticed what looked like an elevator dial above one door. We got out of there quick too. I needed gas so I drove through town. The place looks like a nuclear test town. Everything is closed, boarded up and falling down. Nevermind avoiding this hotel.... avoid the whole town, just keep on going. Its funny now that I'm safe at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dave B
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We came to Green River cause there was no cheap motel in Moab available. We decided a few weeks before arrival to stay at the Book Cliff Lodge - it seemed to be ok for one night as we are not picky at all. As we were arriving we noticed that there were no other cars parked at the property. Anyway we decided to give it a try. Sign at the office door said "no vacancy" - thats a good sign, we thought. As we tried to open the door to the "front desk" we had to ring a bell first so that someone would come to open up. There was this guy - dirty from head to toe, wearing some ripped jeans. The office clerk, a woman, was not better, they were disgusting. But still we thought it couldn't be too bad. She told us to go the building in the second row. We found an old building with dirty carpets and NO ONE in there - plus we had to park in the backyard with nothing behind it. We checked out the room to decide not to stay there any minute longer. There was a bad small going through the whole room. The sheets looked as if they had been used just a minute before. The carpets, bathroom, EVERYTHING had stains on it. There was no microwave, fridge, WI-FI. The pool was empty - no water. It wasn't a hard decision to leave this place as we were pretty scared and afraid to get killed by some of these freaks we had seen before at the office. Not to mention that we would've never come to rest. Everything on that property is just disgusting and creepy. It would've been like staying at the Bates Motel - but Mr. Bates would have looked better and the room would've been a lot cleaner. We didn't even go back to the office- we dropped off the key into the key box outside the office and left them a message (they didn't answer the phone) telling them we decided not to stay in Green River today. So we went to Motel 6 down the street and felt a lot more comfortable. Stay away from that place!!! They could make a Halloween hotel out of it.

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank Geyna
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our room wasn't even close to what the pictures looked like. First thing we noticed was the awefuly dirty carpet, I swear I never took my shoes off the whole time. Duct tape goes straight down the middle of the closet, also duct tape has been wrapped around the toilet seat to fix it. This place looks like something in a horror movie. We only stopped here because we wanted to stay in moab but this was the only available room in the vicinity and we needed rest. To top it off the bedroom smelled so bad of cigarette smoke that I could not sleep... Only slept with the sheet on because the blankets were stained... And of course the bathroom was pretty scetchy. I was worried the towels wouldn't be clean, I showered with my flip flops on, I was afraid of catching some wierd fungus. Next time I will sleep in the truck... Our under a tree in the mountains without a tent. Worst experience ever!!! Needless to say our experience only lasted about 5hrs and that was more than enough.

• Stayed September 2012