“Can you say Bates Motel?....an adventure to remember.”
Review of Book Cliff Lodge

and 1 more site!
Book Cliff Lodge
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Truckers stay for $25 per night. This place may have been grand in the 1970s, but now it rates right up there with the Bates Motel. Got two rooms for $75 and then they took off $5 more because they advertise as a. AAA motel and I am a member. The place was seriously a disgrace...but the know it and so...the cheap price. The person at the front desk suggested that I look at the rooms before paying because they cannot for refunds. I saw the rooms...but decided to stay and make it a real adventure. Beds were clean but old...shower and refrigerator worked. It was an adventure...I doubt I will ever stay in Green River again...sadly the town seems to be headed towards being a ghost town.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank evphipps

Reviewed August 25, 2012

After reading very bad reviews I was afraid,but it was realiy not bad,we have got a huge room with micro oven, fregider,TV,conditioner,and everything was working.the room and bathroom were clean,and all facilities was not new ,but Ok.I Think we have got very good value for many ,that we paid
We paid 55$ vie booking .com, and owner ask only 35 $ and this fact was really disappoint,a stuff was a little bit drank

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bora_bora_11
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is a complete disgrace. We booked online through Booking.com with the intention of supporting a small local business. This motel is totally misrepresented in the online advertisement. We do never intend to use Booking.com again, they clearly do not care about quality service.
Upon arrival, we were completely horror stricken -- Psycho soundtrack sounding and red flags waving. This place looked like a dump and was completely deserted. Meeting the staff only made the impression way scarier. After checking out the place a little more by taking a tour of the rooms, we were sure this would not be the place to get a restful nights sleep for our family. There were no signs of other guests despite it being a prime hotel check-in hour. Many rooms we passed had just piles of debris sitting in them. A big lonely dog barked down the hall. On the ground outside where the ice machine maybe once was located was a wind swept pile of leaves and a child's deserted big doll (Where did that child go?). The swimming pool had no water despite it being July... lawn furniture and empty beer cans and other trash scattered on the bottom. The owners are supposedly out of state.
A refund was not possible from either Book Cliff Lodge nor Booking.com. We went two blocks down the road and spend the night at a big-chain hotel: clean, friendly, cheaper, pool and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 8,794
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a horrible hotel, it was nasty bugs in the bathroom, stains all over the chairs, air conditioning was held in by pieces of wood on the floor (also did not cool room even at night).

We slept with the light on it was so bad.

Says AAA approved-they really should stay there and take a look, run down horrible hotel with get this "new management".

Stained chairs, bugs, hot and horrible

Pool has a table in it and was drained.

I think this is the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MarsReviews
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Absolutely horrible! ripped bed spread, stains on carpet and all over bed! spider webs all over, dusty, old, stinky! never again will i very even get near this place. we didnt even stay the night, couldnt let myself. check in, checked out 2 hours later after we found another place!!!!!

Room Tip: nothing will help you improve your horrible room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Taylor C
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I booked Book Cliffs Lodge for the Friday night of Memorial day weekend, the
experience was just dreadful! I DID NOT want to stay in that room. I tried to
call other hotels, but they were all booked. I knew they would have been since I
had called before I booked this one. I was so desperate; I wanted to at least
try. The room had dead bugs in the carpet, the bed wasn't even raised off the
ground, I walked around in my shoes the entire time b/c the carpet was
absolutely horrifying, and the bathroom was not clean AT ALL. We slept in our
clothes for fear of everything in that room. I kept thinking I would wake up to
find someone just standing there watching us sleep or to bugs crawling all over
our bodies. It was that creepy. The sink had hair still in it; you could
definitely tell that housekeeping hadn’t even touched it. That is if they even
have a housekeeping staff. I did not go to the front desk, b/c judging from the
three guys sitting on coolers hanging out in front of the door (who you had to
walk past just to get through the door to the front desk), and not to mentioned
the woman who checked us in was in her pajamas, I just assumed they cared as
much for their guests as they did with their appearance. The place says it is
under new management and that the rooms have been remodeled – LIARS! It may be
under new management of a person who does not care whether people are terrified
about sleeping in the rooms! I have never been to a hotel as dirty or scary as
this place was. I called Expedia to have them take it off their listing, but
they have not. The place is a hell hole! DON’T’ STAY! Even if all other places
are booked, my advice… it is not worth it, don’t book a room there!!!

I have uploaded a few photos - I had dumped ice in the sink before I had looked at it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed May 26, 2012

It's this kind of place: $24.99 per night weekly rate. Of course the reason I was there was that every hotel in Moab was full and all but this motel in Green River was full...so my rate was $75.

Filthy rooms with stains on walls and carpets. The smell of decades-old smoke other smells permeated the place Pink walls and glitter in the cottage cheese on the ceilings only enhanced the odiferous vibe.

No bed bugs and the sheets had been washed.

We woke to people yelling in the parking lot below and others stomping in the halls. Had to skip taking a shower as there was no hot water.

RUN AWAY!