“Don't do it!”

Book Cliff Lodge
NC, USA
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The worst motel in the history of motels. We found this place on the Magnuson Hotels site and didn't see any reviews. Never Again. We asked for a refund once we saw the place but were told by the manager that the owner never gave refunds, no matter what. This place is filthy. And there is still a AAA sign out front, though AAA does not recommend it. We could also see the pool which was full of trash - no water, just trash.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank morekittens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Springville, Utah
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Book Cliff Lodge was pretty much what we expected. I am 22 years old and my fiance is 24 years old. We booked two nights in this hotel because we had a river trip in Moab, and most hotels in Moab were either booked or over our budget. (We were a little scared after reading online reviews of this hotel, but we booked anyway seeing as how we only needed a place to stay for a couple of nights.) The hotel (at a glance) was old and a little scary looking. Once we got into our room, though, we felt a lot better about staying there. The room was pretty big, there was a microwave, fridge, and a coffee maker. It was a decent bed with clean sheets and a cute comforter. It was what we expected for the price we paid. The shower in the morning was somewhat cold, and that would be the only thing I would expect to be better next time we come around.

If you're looking for a luxurious hotel, go somewhere else. However, if you just need a bed to stay in for a night or two, I would definitely recommend this hotel because of the price.

Overall, this hotel was worth the price we paid and we had a good trip.

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxury, go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LifeHadJustBegun
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Laughing at the outside exterior of the hotel prior to checking in. Upon entering the building there was a fowl smell. It looked like something you would film a horror movie in. The TV was on upon entering the room. We decided if we stayed in the room we would have to sleep on top of the sheets and could not remove our shoes. The microwave and fridge were unplugged. We stayed long enough to use the bathroom and a towel. Decided it was in our best interest to either sleep in the car or try to find another room. Thankfully we found another room. The hotel claimed to have the cheapest rates in town at $35 a night (does not include internet). We thought that was a rip off. They should pay people to stay there.

• Stayed March 2011
5 Thank Traveler38519

Travelers are raving about these Green River hotels

las vegas
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Booked this hotel on expedia and did not see the reviews on tripadvisor till after. We didn't even check in after seeing the condition of the motel from outside. It was scary looking and could not risk staying a night there for our own safety. Given full refund thankfully. There was no vacancies at any other motels/hotels yet no one was staying at the Book Cliff Lodge which was a bad sign. Do not book this motel especially if you have children. Don't risk your family's safety.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelingisfun10_10
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was scared of this place from the moment I pulled up. The pool was empty, tall weeds growing around the grounds and the hotel itself had a very run-down appearance. We were on the ground floor. The carpet in the hallways looked very old and stained not to mention the places in the floor that "sank" as you walked over them. There very several bugs in the hall, but none in the room, and upon first look, I thought I could tolerate it for the night. After inspecting the bathroom, though, I changed my mind. The lid to the toilet was clean, but there was ?poop? on the seat itself and the base of the toilet and floor around it looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in months. The sink had obvious residue from the previous tenant which had not been cleaned. I complained to the front desk. They gave me the keys to two other rooms down the hall which I found to be even worse. The toilets had brown residue in them and looked as if they had not been even flushed in a long time. The counters were obviously dirty. After feeling like I was going to be using a poorly maintained public restroom rather than a room I was paying for, I requested a refund and found a room at another hotel. The help at the front desk did not apologize for the unsanitary conditions, but they also didn't give me any trouble about the refund.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jabbie10
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 6, 2010

After a long day of riding motorcycles through windy Utah we decided that it would be safer to call it a night and sleepover in Green River, UT. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel and booked the room through Expedia. I wish I read the tripadvisor reviews first .... The place looked kinda creepy... empty...on an inside and outside. At the time of check in there was only one other car parked in front of the hotel. Rooms where, just like mentioned before, looking clean at first but were missing several things, like a former studio apartment. Bathroom was big, but very poorly equipped and the counter top and bathtub were dirty with stains and hairs... Two little soaps were stained and looked like they were wet several times and the wrapper didn't even wanted to peel off..
We had a window facing the back. View was nice if you looked pass the parking lot with dumpster and tons of trash left after "remodeling". We saw a local family coming with a big pick up truck and dropping off tons of trash and other junk.
Smell in the hallway of the hotel was pretty nasty. But the worst smell that was hard for me to overlook had pillows.... Not sure if they were washed after last guest stayed here or not but they smelled of old man... (no offense to old men).... it was late and I didn't want to change rooms or else, so I just wrapped the pillows in a clean towel.
Over all we slept well, but left very early in the morning...
On the positive side there were no bedbugs! :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AniaDenver
germany
Reviewed December 8, 2009

The facts that it was already 10 and we had a lot of "no vacancy" signs on that day was the only reason we checked in at this Motel.
Clerk used this fact and presented us the last room for 110$, which is clearly more then this motel normally costs.

The room was in pretty bad shape; open wires, poor lighting, trash in the room, dirty sheets. I am normally not picky on such things but I didn't dare to walk barefoot on the carpet.

When we complained about the sheets and the trash we where brought cleaner ones and the trash was taken away. We had to put the sheets on the bed ourselves.

To sum it up: if you need a bed and it is the last place that has one, go there and expect nothing. If you have an alternatve: use it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple