“JUST DOWN HOME FOLKS” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleepy Hollow Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green River
Sleepy Hollow Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Midlothian,t
“JUST DOWN HOME FOLKS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We git here late in the evening and after hecking a couple of places and finding them sold out,we tried this one.
He ask what we wanted and I told him a place to sleep,shower and a decent wifi.He gentlemann says I have that 39 plus change a night
He jokingly says I ain't giving you a doughnut or a bagle in the morning but there is coffee in the room.
I was really surprised when we opened the door to find a very clean carpted room with a king size bed and big dresser.
The draw back is no microwave or fridge
Latter at night my curosity got the best of me and I wondered if he had different prices.
I ask about that and nearly fell over when he priced me a room with three king beds microwave and fridge starting at 48.00 a night
You can't beat that for a room. We would have no problem staying here again
There are several new places just as you come off I 40 but if you are not picky picky then you should chek sleepy hollow out .
When we were checking in a coupel stopped and wanted a room but before they paid they wanted to see the room. He handed her a key and says enjoy. She stayed so guess it met her need
They do close up about the middle of Oct because there is no traffic to speak off and I understand they are closed all winter
If you are headed to east then it is a straight run to 40 about 2 miles good road,if headed to Utah straight run to 191 about two miles so it really is not out of the waqy for the savings

Room Tip: I would stay away from room 3 or 4 if possible there is a table and awning for a couple of people to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doc191

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was the cheapest motel of my trip in USA, from Oregon to New-Mexico ! Only 39.55 $ (taxes incl.) for a room for 2 people with a king bed. Rooms were nice and clean.. nothing to complain. A/C was not noisy.

Just a con : I woke up with huge blisters (1/3 inch) on the legs and arms, which looked like moskito bites. I assume the moskitoes in Green River are more robust due to the proximity of the river... I hope it's not bed bugs or something like that....

Definitely go there !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leadville, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed the night here. The room was under $40. The air conditioning worked. The bed was firm but pleasant. The carpet was in good condition. The decor was from the 1980's and the shower head might be a problem for tall people. I would definitively stay here again. It was an inexpensive place to crash for the night. No ice machine, no shampoo bottles, just towels, soap and clean sheets. What more could you want?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blackbeerben
Ely, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Located next to the town park it was easy to find. 18 rooms. $36.16 for one person.. I usually check out a hotel's bathroom first. It had clean white tile grout, no grimy floor.a new toilet.and enough towels.Clean, new carpets. No odor, Motel has a no pets and no smoking policy.
Lighting in the room was bright from several lamps. Three pillows on a king- size bed,. Wireless Internet worked well and was strong signal. Wired in smoke alarm, Cable TV, coffee, clock radio, phone. Table and 3 comfortable chairs. Room was plenty large

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank desertbirder47
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We prefer staying at independent motels when possible, so we chose to spend a night at the Sleepy Hollow when we were passing through Green River. The room certainly wasn't fancy but it was comfortable and we had no complaints given the price. It didn't have wifi, which was a definite negative - we hadn't realized it at the time or we probably would have stayed elsewhere, but that was our mistake for not checking that out first, not theirs. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful and we felt good about giving them our business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tumbleweeds023
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Kind of old style motel. Clean, quiet and good price at <$40/nite for two but....

No WiFi, ice machine out of order, no breakfast but....

Is a short walk to Ray's Tavern which is a great place for food and microbrews.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've spent many a night in Green River, having driven through there dozens of times since the 1970s. Over the years many newer chain hotels have sprung up on the outskirts of town, but in downtown Green River (What of it there is) are a nice collection of old 1960s era single level motels. I've stayed in them all and in my opinion the Sleepy Hollow is the nicest of the bunch. The rooms are large and the price is right - about $39.00 per night single. I've never had any issues with the hotel management nor the cleanliness or functionality of the rooms. It's not a Best Western, but for the price it's clean, quiet and comfortable at good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo