“Fantastic”
Review of River Terrace Inn

River Terrace Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem in a superb location. All those great NP like Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef are within easy reach in a day trip. The hotel is tucked away at the banks of the Green River, the rooms are spacious and well furnished. We especially enjoyed the breakfast with our friend Carlos as "master of ceremonies".

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for River Terrace Inn

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Spent 4 nights at River Terrace will staying in the Moab, UT. area first week of June 2014. Very nice older hotel but keep up nicely and comfortable accommodations. Comfortable beds with large rooms that over-look the Green River. Made to order breakfast of your choice in a pleasant surrounding either indoors or out. Room prices are much more affordable than in Moab and only a short 45 minute drive away from the National Parks. Wonderful restaurant next door to hotel serves lunch and dinner if your hungry. I found out to get the lowest rate per night call the hotel direct to make your reservations instead of using the web and alternative booking companies. Also reference your AARP or AAA discount if applicable. Will stay here again when visiting the southern Utah area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a surprise was the River Terrace hotel in Green River. The rooms were the most spacious and well appointed I've seen for the low price. The grounds are so well landscaped for what feels like an oasis by the river. The Green River is a major river in this area and moves along a good clip down by the large patio area. The hotel has a co-located restaurant which is very nice as well and has a well rounded menu. The complimentary breakfast is served on site in a separate space and it is welcome find. There is a small kitchen which cooks breakfast items to order and serves it to your table, which in my case was outside on the patio. What welcome food and service. I also highly recommend a visit to the John Wesley Powell museum across the street to get an excellent overview of the history of the town and exploration of the river.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After reading the reviews, I booked the River Terrace and cancelled my reservation at the Comfort Inn. The gal on the phone was very pleasant and helpful. I had planned to stay in Moab but couldn't bring myself to pay $240 for the Holiday Inn! Even at inflated Memorial Day weekend prices, the River Terrace was a bargain. I had a room overlooking the river with a small veranda and it was lovely. The bed was also comfortable - a little soft - and I'm a harsh critic in this department. The room was nicely appointed and very clean; bathroom amenities were fine as well. The breakfast was also very good (eggs cooked to order and french toast - what's not to like?).
The motel is also right across the street from the John Wesley Powell River Museum, which I recommend visiting.
I do agree that the breakfast staff was a little rigid in their seating regimen, but did comply with my requested order without complaint. I tried to call the front desk by dialing 0 and also calling the local number numerous times in the evening and morning and no one answered. So service gets a 3 between reservation and on-site experience. These are my only complaints - I was able to set the alarm for my own wake-up, and found that I overlooked the wireless password on my key envelope so I didn't really need the assistance.

Room Tip: I would request a river side room if I returned, although they do cost a bit more.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

.....when they finally did they put me on hold for 15 mins. I hung up and the same thing... A third time I butted in before he could put me on hold to ask if he could just take down my number and call me back when he is able to, he rudely replies "No!!" and slams the phone down hanging up on me. I guess I am old school, but that tells me my business isn't important, welcomed, or desired.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Caleb B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms are large, well appointed, & the ground level rooms- riverside - access a green area with comfy patio furniture, fire pits all overlooking the river. In the morning a delicious full, to order, complimentary breakfast. All for $89.00!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is probably your best option for lodging in Green River. My son and I were on a photo trip to some of the national parks and this seemed like a good base to work from. My room looked out over the river which was nice, but the room had a mildew smell. The bed was old and well worn on my side of the bed. Our worst experience was at breakfast which begins at 6AM. My son and I arrived about 10 minutes before it opened and took seats in the breakfast area even though the lights hadn't been turned on. Promptly, at 6AM, Carlos (I think was his name) came out and look at us and said that we needed to start at the entry into the breakfast area which was no more than 10 ft away from where we were sitting. My son and I thought he was joking, but he wasn't so we got up, walked 10 ft to where Carlos was standing and he then preceded to run through the breakfast area. One other guy that was also sitting in the area with us, refused to get up and told Carlos that this place had too many rules! However breakfast was good but think that Carlos needs some customer service training.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family