“Relaxing by river”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Logan, Utah
“Relaxing by river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

there is not much in this town but its the perfect stop to refresh from a long drive. Good location to get to many places we enjoy. Our room was clean. Large. The view of river very relaxing. Surprise of green in the desert. Room/building dated but the outdoor pool hot tub are very nice under the stars. Best part was made to order breakfast. So so good. The staff at breakfast was amazing. They went way out of their way for us. This property is alittle more money than some places in town but i will return for the river view, pool, and breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I don't get to this area of Utah often, but River Terrace is by far the best hotel in the area. This is an older hotel that is well-maintained. The room was clean; however, the tub/shower caulking looked a grungy and like it needed to be cleaned. The breakfast was made to order. They had a nice bar of typical breakfast foods (cereal, drinks, breads, etc), but on top of that they fixed a hot breakfast to order. My custom omelet was delicious. They also offered hotcakes and other hot items.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Debbie B
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here on 1/3/14 on our return road trip back to Colorado. The front desk staff was excellent and referred us to a tavern in town for yummy hamburgers and fries. Our room was large and very comfortable overlooking the Green River. The breakfast was the best! Made to order breakfast with whatever my heart desired. They really know how to treat a guest! The owner even sat down and visited me when I was eating. I will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king bed overlooking the river
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
prescott,arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

An established property with large, comfortable and clean rooms, a good bed and quiet. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful as was person in dining area. Hot breakfast that was quite good. Nice location on river. Would return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sueprc
Arvada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had occasion to stay in the River Terrace Inn the first time about 4 years ago, I was very impressed by it as it was an older established property, the service was good, the room was very clean and they had a decent breakfast with eggs & misc to order. The room price then (if I remember correctly) was around 69.00 to 79.00 p/night which I thought then was a bit on the high side, but considering what else was available in town, was worth it.
This trip I was heading to Salt Lake City which is only 2.5 to 3 hr additional travel, and it was early enough in the day I could have made it to SLC, but since last time I had a positive experience here I decided to stay the night in the River Terrace Inn again.Needless to say It was a little bit disappointing, Service still friendly and ok, and the room was still very clean, bed ok, but rooms had not been updated at all, and still the old type tube tv which had very poor quality. I realize I didn't stop there to watch tv, but it would have been nice to have a decent picture. Next morning was breakfast, they still had the same type breakfast, but the young fellow taking and preparing our order talked very softly and was hard to understand, but we got thru that ok, and he made our eggs to order ok, That was the best part of breakfast, additionally they had bacon and hash brown potato's in their warmer , the bacon was a cheap thin strip microwave bacon which was tasteless and not good to eat, the hash browns were greasy and soggy and not edible. The Room rate was 101.65 including tax. They really need to upgrade the property somewhat to justify this kind of rate. For Comparison, the next night we stayed in a newer Hyatt in the SLC area, where we had excellent service, very nice furnishings, and an excellent breakfast for 95.00 per night including tax.
Summary: Overall, Next time I travel to SLC and happen to go thru Green River Utah, I will opt not to stay at the River Terrace Inn, but will make plans to go the distance for better facility and better price. The dated furnishings, poor breakfast, and high price are the deal breakers for me.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bob C
Sierra Vista
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This was an oasis in the desert. I just happened upon the trip advisor review and decided to stay in green river stead of a larger town. We were not disappointed. The price was about the same as for a chain hotel, but the service and amenities and breakfast put them over the top. They made sure we had all the toiletries we might need. Room was very large, comfortable and tasteful. Pillows were too soft for me, but they had plenty of them, which was nice. We had two sinks, which is always a perk. Beds were extremely comfortable. We had good wifi, frig and microwave. The breakfast was as great as everyone says. Carlos greeted us and gave us our choices. We had an omelet with chorizo and cheese. Now, we have been traveling for three weeks, and by far, this was the best breakfast we have had. I tried some blueberry toast which was delicious. I asked Carlos where he bought it from so I could buy some. He insisted on giving me a loaf. What a wonderful surprise. I would come back here in a heartbeat. If you are anywhere close, you need to stay here. They will make it worth your while.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jhurd6
ste ramee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Excellent, clean comfortable rooms, lovely location, excellent breakfast. Although this hotel was at th top end of 'budget' it was worth every cent in terms of comfort. Luxury toilettries, loads of pillows and as many towels as you coukd possibly want. A littlke bit of luxury

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Lake Powell
Super 8 Green River
Super 8 Green River
#3 of 11 in Green River

Been to River Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!