“Best Breakfast!”
Review of River Terrace Inn

River Terrace Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice pool, big rooms and best service at breakfast - eggs any style or French toast plus very prompt service.
Very clean and nice garden/terrace on the Green River.
Right across the street from Holiday River Rafting.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank stann0rth

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We chose this motel as a stopping point on our cross-country road trip as we drove from Los Angeles to Denver. It was a welcome respite as our first stop! The room was spacious--plenty of room for our family of 4 and the pool was great. The motel is located right along the river with a great view for the rooms on the west side. We were glad we'd brought our own food, though, as there are very few choices in town (and even fewer that seem family friendly). The staff was very friendly and accommodating, even letting me print a document from the house computer.

The only criticism I would have was that the rooms were somewhat noisy. We had rooms facing the river, which was beautiful, but several groups remained on the patio after dark talking and it made it difficult for us to get to sleep as early as we'd wanted to.

Otherwise, I am quite sure that this is the best place in town! The beds are comfortable and the breakfast is exceptional. The staff was all very very nice. We definitely recommend this motel for anyone passing through Green River, Utah!

Room Tip: If you are wanting a quiet room, it's probably best to stay on the side facing the parking lot.
2  Thank lizzy502
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spacious room with a view of the river Out door terrace right next to the river with comfortable seating was a great way to unwind from our road trip. Saw 2 western tanagers in the trees--now that was a bonus! Full free breakfast was terrific and I must say Carlos ran that place amazingly well. Excellent service. I usually avoid Green River, I won't anymore.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and it was much cheaper than the Holiday Inn across the road. My room was large and very clean and had all the right amenities. Several pillows to choose from of different types. Comfortable bed. A sink in the room as well as one in the bathroom. Smart thinking for couples! No smoking and no pets. Thank you! The exterior was perfect. Lots of chairs by the river. No waiting for breakfast, they took care of me as soon as I walked down. The breakfast was made to order with an extensive menu. I noticed parents with children were asked to get breakfast items to take back to the table where the children waited. Good thinking! Keeps little fingers out of the peach bowl and away from guests trying to manage hot coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Curt885
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband & I stumbled upon this beautiful inn! We were on our way to a different motel and saw River Terrace Inn. It was very intriguing, so my husband stopped to see if they had any rooms available. They were very accommodating. The only regret we had was that we couldn't stay more than one night! We will be back for a extended stay next time.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the River Terrace Inn last night for a stop at Arches National Park. I could not have been more impressed with this hotel.

Walking into the lobby we were greeted by a very friendly kind gentleman who gave us all of the information we could need, room keys and -free wifi password! There was chilled water in the lobby for weary travelers coming in from the dead heat of summer.

Upon checking out our room I found it to be the cleanest room I think I have ever stayed in. The amenities are awesome. Micro, fridge, couch and desk, second vanity and sink outside the bathroom, everything we needed and then some. The hallways are extremely clean and well maintained and have nice little touches of decor. The patio area is beautiful and it is a great place to sit and relax and watch the river run by. The pool was also very clean and well cared for.

Breakfast was the absolute icing on the cake. I have never had such an incredible free breakfast at a hotel. Cooked to order hot foods from an actual kitchen, delicious cinnamon rolls, your usual cold cereals and pasties, bacon sausage and potatoes, coffee and tea, fruits, well above and beyond your typical hotel breakfast. The service was outstanding too.

You could tell that this property is extremely well cared for by the owners and they go out of their way to provide a clean and cheerful environment. Would absolutely stay here again!!!

I will say it is a shame people have given poor reviews for their location. Do your research, look at a map, and don't give bad reviews because you didn't. It is a 40 minute drive to arches but not unreasonable and a beautiful one at that.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
1  Thank hbmom92649
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Another one night stop on a road trip I was on. First off, the main room in the place I had in here was HUGE!!! The furniture is very old school colonial, and there is a fridge in the place. There is a surprising amount of on site amenities here, a fitness room, outdoor pool and hot tub, various indoor gathering spaces, all done with nice furnishings and such. What seems like the main floor is really the 2nd floor here, as it's a hillside property and the 1st floor has that walkout basement feel. The place had a very quiet feel about it overall, but you have to go outside from the lobby to get to your hallway. The 1st floor gathering spaces had that 80's magenta carpeting, but it worked well enough. The flooring and furnishings are where the color is in this property, the walls and doors everywhere in here are WHITE!!! The bathrooms here are massive and have the bowed out shower drapes, but they seriously need to install exhaust fans!! It is very hard to dry off after a hot shower without opening the bathroom door to let excess humidity out. My door number was 221 if I remember correctly. The room also had a walkout slider door to the front sidewalk, something I would take issue with normally, but this seemed like a very laid back, safer place for such an access from outside. The Tamerisk Restaurant is right next door for full meal service.

Room Tip: The entire hotel seemed very quiet, but ask for a rearward facing place if a parking lot view is not...
2  Thank Kelye828