“Late November 2012”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fairly standard - nothing too special. Dynamite waitress! How did this hot number land up in a place like this?

There are newer reviews for Ray's Tavern

Reviewed November 28, 2012

If your in Green River UT. i might be that your trying to get back to Colorado, or to Salt Lake City and it started to get dark and Green River actually has a motel or two and there arte none for a hundred miles. I our case two H-D riders who had just riden through a dust storm ahead of a rainstorm in August and we actually had planed to stop in Green River. I asked a desk-clerk where she would eat and always hope for a local place rather than the packaged franchise places. I figure if your visiting you should at least try to see what the people there are like. She said RAY's , we looked at it, nothing special, so what the hell, and went inside. Well there were two kinds there, the locals, and the tourists. 90% are eating burgers, do you need a menu? Hey when in Rome (Rays) do what the locals do. By the time your done you aint no tourist no more, The staff and place is remarkable in making you feel at home. In my picture gallery of our 5000 mile trip I have a picture of Ray's, and I smile everytime i show it to others who will never understand what so special about a burger and a beer in Utah.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Do NOT pass through Green River when Ray's is open without stopping! Unless, that is, you're a vegetarian (PB&J sandwiches: $75.00!) Hamburgers:best in the West! Chops, Steaks, etc. all VERY simply prepared and presented. Ostentatious not allowed: River guide ambiance. Not cheap; but WAY worth it. Staff friendly and really hump to get the food out quickly. Cold beer, draft & bottle, including regionals (but ONLY with food, regardless of the establishment's name, courtesy of the UT legislature!) Don't forget to "read the walls" of T-shirts from raft companies & expeditions starting here for Labyrinth Canyon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A college friend of mine mentioned this place to me so my wife and I stopped there on our way home from Colorado. We both had a cheeseburger and the fries. Very good. Nothing super fancy but just plain good! The fries could have been a bit crispier but they were still good just the same. Will definitely go back again and try something different next time.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The exterior sort of looks like a rough bar, but don't let that discourage you. When we arrived there was a large group sitting in the patio area, though it was cold. The inside was busy and we grabbed the last available booth.

I noticed a lot of people eating burgers, so we decided to do the same. What a great choice! A 1/2 pound of really flamed broiled burger cooked on the grill. Excellent! The burger is served plain with all the fixins' on the side along with a nice serving of fries.

Our waitress was very helpful in explaining all of the micro-brews. In general there was a lot of very nice, very friendly customers in the place. Approximately 15 bar stools, tables, booths, and two pool tables in the rear. There were several TV's showing the MLB World Series during our visit.

A great choice!