“An older, but friendly HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Green River
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Yes, we, like most others, chose to stay in Green River before visiting the nearby national parks as Green River is so much less expensive than Moab. That said, paying close to $145 for a hotel room in Green River rankles just a bit.

This HI Express is an older hotel, but fairly clean and well maintained. It's right next door to the John Wesley Powell museum and, thus, in the nicer part of Green River.

My main beef with the hotel is: there was no fridge or microwave in the room. We eventually found a microwave inconveniently located near the lobby, but the lack of fridge was unforgiveable. Most everyone was headed out into the parks, and having somewhere to keep our lunches cold until we left would have been good. This is why I gave the hotel an "average" rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mookie85, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear ElmiraOregon,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am very happy you chose this property and found the staff friendly & helpful. I am sorry that you did not have a room with a refrigerator and microwave. We have a few rooms that are equipped with refrigerators & microwaves and due to high volume of visitors this time of year, they do get reserved rather quickly! I am thrilled that everything else was clean & comfortable & enjoyable. If you find yourself traveling through again, we would love to be your hotel of choice, so please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to reserve a room with the amenities you need. It is our ultimate goal that each & every guest have everything they need in their rooms- so again, I thank you for your time, input & your review, and we hope to see you again the next time you pass through!
Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express Green River Team

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Chose hotel for its location as we travelled from Arches NP to Bryce Canyon NP.

It was convenient. For the price paid it was only average. It served its purpose.

There was no microwave in the room however a microwave was available for use near the lobby - we bought our own food knowing that Green River did not offer much.

Breakfast was ok - overcrowded in a small breakfast room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear TravelBorts,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Green River and for your review. We are so happy that the property suited your needs. Please allow us to book your accommodations next time you are passing through as we do have rooms available with refrigerators & microwaves. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and our breakfast room is a very popular destination! It is our hope with the new planned renovations to have additional seating available (patio and indoor) before the end of the summer so I really hope we will see you again on your next trip through beautiful Utah!
Thank you again for your stay and your review,
Happy Traveling,
Natalie Hert & the Green River Holiday Inn Express team

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Very poor signage. Couldn't find hotel as no roadway signage. Had to stop and ask WHERE IT WAS?

Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast fine. No travel lids for coffee cups. No ice on 2nd level. Good info on WHERE to eat. Expensive for small out of way hotel. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Patti H,
Thank you so very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, UT. I am so happy that you loved your room, your breakfast and your bed! It is our goal that we provide superior cleanliness & comfort & I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! I am working diligently on signage around our large grassy area to improve highway visibility, and I appreciate your input.
I do sincerely hope that the rest of your travels were safe & enjoyable as well -
Warmest Wishes,
Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express Green River Team

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent one night here while exploring Utah's beautiful parks and it was lovely. The shower was one of the best I have ever used- lots of water and lots of pressure, almost enough to make me feel guilty.... The beds were comfy and the there was a good breakfast in a large dining area. The hotel looked new and was very clean and nicely appointed. Would definitely stay again. Good location close to several nice parks and Moab but much quieter location. Be sure to eat at Ray's Tavern!

Room Tip: Very quiet location so I think any room would be good. Might have a better view on the back side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Walter1951,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being our guest and for your kind review - it is travelers like you that make every day worthwhile for us! I couldn't be happier that you loved every bit of your stay and we, too, love Ray's Tavern!
Cheers & Wishing you the happiest of traveling,
Natalie Hert & The Holiday Inn Express Green River team

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a cross-country road trip. Some of the Trip Advisor reviews had me a little worried, but the hotel was in the right place where I would need to stop for the night and there's not much else around.

The hotel ended up being very nice. It seemed clean and taken care of. The internet was ok. I didn't try the breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

There is a lot of parking here, which was nice. Not much to do around town, but I didn't come here for that. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Nice Place,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, UT. It is our goal that every guest have a comfortable, relaxing & enjoyable stay & we couldn't be more thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you again fr being our guest and for your kind words. We work very hard to ensure a quality stay for all of our guests and we appreciate the time it takes to leave a review.
Cheers & Happy Traveling,
Natalie Hert & The Holiday Inn Express Green River Team

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I would say this is the nicest hotel in Greenriver. The cheaper ones seem a little sketchy. We ended up bidding on Priceline and got this hotel
For $100 with taxes. We stayed for 2 nights, and the breakfast was decent also. I would highly recommend this hotel if you do not want to pay the prices that Moab has. It is about an hour from Moab, but it is a very nice place to stay. There is also a very nice indoor pool.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank mairtraveler

Dear Very Nice,
Thank you so very much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, Utah. It is reviews like yours that remind us about what we love most about our rewarding jobs. We couldn't be more thrliled that you enjoyed your stay! We sincerely hope to see you again on all of your travels through beautiful Utah & wish you safe & enjoyable vacationing!!
Natalie Hert & The Green River Holiday Inn Express Team

Reviewed December 31, 2013

As far as holiday inns go, this one is a bit run down. The price was sky high, the pool was closed for renovations, and our room hummed and shook with the operation of the elevator. Thankfully the front desk lady was super nice.

It might be more worth it to stay across the street at the motel 6 for $39 a night. We stayed in the family suite which came to $139 after tax. On old room that hummed and shook for that price was definitely not worth it.

Save money and stay at a cheaper hotel that will be just as run down as this one.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel that will cost a whole lot less and still be run down.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Happiestbaby,
Happy New Year and Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River! I apologize that during your stay you encountered issues with noise in your room. I understand that during your stay, the room provided was the last feature room/family suite available, and I couldn't be more sorry that the elevator was noisy. We pride ourselves on each & every guest having a relaxing and enjoyable stay, with superior cleanliness & customer service, and I am so happy to hear that the front desk agent was friendly and helpful. We are in the midst of some very exciting property-wide renovations and upgrades, and I do hope that you give us the opportunity to wow you on your next trip through. In the hotel industry, it is vital that we get honest feedback from our guests, and I sincerely appreciate your comments as it helps me plan renovations based on the voice of our valued guests. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Holiday Inn Express. I do hope the rest of your travels were safe and enjoyable, and hope that we see you next time so that we may give you the opportunity to love this hotel.
Natalie - GM - HIEX Green River