“Excellent room, very large and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Green River
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Green River
“Excellent room, very large and comfortable”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a very large room, it was very comfortable. We loved the 'living' area with a large comfortable couch. Not many amenities at walking distance, but the restaurant across the street is very good. Good breakfast in a separate room.

• Stayed September 2013
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear itasc,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, UT! We are so glad you enjoyed your room! We love the rooms with the couches & sitting areas & are thrilled that you did too! We hope you had fabulous travels throughout beautiful Utah & hope to see you again soon!!
Kindest regards,
Natalie & The Holiday Inn Express Green River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Green River is one of those one street towns that in the middle of a long days driving that you're really glad to see, but it does seem to be a little down on its luck at the moment.
There are only two places to eat other than subway and Arby's outlets and they were Bobs bar in the middle of town, and the Tamarisk (opposite the hotel), which was where we ate - good food, reasonable prices, but nothing fancy.
The Hotel is ok, a little tired but I'm sure the renovation program will help. The rooms are still clean although I would have preferred not to have been allocated a disabled room, however, the hotel was full so it's not a complain, just a preference. Breakfast was typical HIE fare and the staff were in no rush to stop serving and let everyone enjoy a little longer to enjoy their breakfast.
The gardens and car park were well maintained.
I would comment that the "high speed internet" was very slow and we even tried to use the two pc's in the lobby and they were equally slow. There were a number of guests with us in the lobby all of whom struggled with a poor connection, even after the desk clerk restarted the router.
I guess it's high speed for a small number of guests, but a full house placed too much demand on the available bandwidth. We really needed the internet to book the next nights hotels for our road trip and it literally took a couple of hours to do so.

Room Tip: It's on a fairly quiet main road so noise wasn't an issue for us.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear YeltsaJ,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express. I am glad that you were happy to find yourself in Green River after a long day of traveling - many folks feel that same way - it's just a good stopping point and hopefully with more travelers like you the Green River community can grow & beautify!! We are really glad you had great food & service just across the street at the Tamarisk restaurant - they have great river views as well - I hope you were seated near a window. I am sorry about the internet issues you experienced during your stay - we have not had that issue in a long time, and I am sorry that there were so many folks needing the internet at one time. I am very glad to hear that your room was clean & comfortable. Please know our room attendants appreciate the positive feedback!
We appreciate your kind review & hope to see you on all your travels through the area!
Thanks again & happy traveling
Natalie Hert & the Holiday Inn Express Green River Team
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel doesn't really belong in the HIE category. It feels rundown and used. While the rooms are fairly clean, the amenities and layout are more Super 8 than Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed here twice, and will never do so again.

Room Tip: Eat at Rays Tavern
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Loup407
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Loup407,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your accommodations. This is not the standard for which we are so proud. I would like to assure you that we are gearing up for a very large renovation starting late fall and early spring. I appreciate your feedback, as it reminds us for everything we do well, we can always strive to do more. I do hope we earn another chance to "wow" you on your next trip through Green River. I hope the rest of your travels were safe & enjoyable.

Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express Team
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Room was ready for us. No road noise or noise from other rooms.
Breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and the usual juices and pastry.
will be staying here again if we decide to travel to Las Vegas via the northern route from Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear john_a_retired,
Thank you so much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look very much forward to your next visit! Thank you for your kind review - it makes doing our jobs so rewarding!

Natalie & The Holiday Inn Express Team
Leicestershire, UK
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is not a typical holiday inn express. The building seemed tired, old and in need of some attention. The staff we very helpful and friendly, which did make up for the poor location. Green River is a very poor town. All of the buildings are closed down and boarded up. It is like a ghost town! The only restaurant in town was a diner and quite a rough and ready place. I am so glad that this was a quick stop-over hotel!
The room was small, with poor decor and stained sheets. Not pleasant.
This really is an embarrassment to the hie name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hannah_Allen
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Hannah_Allen,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am sorry that you found your accommodations unsatisfactory. Green River is a very small area and many of the stores that opened during an economic boom many years ago in the downtown area are now closed. What disappoints me the most is that you did not find your room fresh & up to date, and I am very sorry that you experienced that. We strive for superior customer care & ultimate cleanliness & I am very glad to hear that the staff here did make some of your stay more enjoyable. We are gearing up for some very exciting renovations & upgrades around the property, set to begin around late winter or early spring. I hope that on your next trip through, we are able to "wow" you with our remodel.
Happy Traveling & Kindest Regards,
Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express team
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I agree with many other reviewers that this hotel is not what one would expect from a Holiday Inn. I wonder if it was bought out from another (crappier) hotel chain and just not renovated to the standards of a typical HI. It was way overpriced for what you get: very bare bones, nothing modern or updated, no extras or frills (no coffee maker, fridge, microwave, etc.), and just looked run down and old overall. I would not stay here again and would not have stayed here in the 1st place had I seen the room first (unless they cut the rate like 50%).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tet1023,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. It is our goal that every guest have superior customer care & a clean & comfortable stay. We do have rooms that feature refrigerators & microwaves, and I am sorry that you were not able to reserve one of those rooms - as we are in the midst of our high season, many of those rooms are reserved quickly daily. We do always have a refrigerator in our great room area, and a microwave as well. We also have coffeemakers in every room as well as fresh coffee in the great room 24 hours a day. It is a big disappointment to us that you did not find your accommodations worth the value, as we work very hard to keep up with industry standards. In addition, we are in the planning stages of some very exciting renovations & upgrades, and hope that on your next pass through, we are able to meet your expectations.
Natalie & the Holilday Inn Express team
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wow! Upon entering Green River I thought maybe I was driving on a movie set. It kind of remind me of a Mad Max movie...Almost all businesses were closed about half dozen remained open. I was waiting for a tumbleweed to go rolling down the street.

The hotel was the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in...I have probably stayed at over 100 different HI properties but this one was bad. Let me explain...

Since this was maybe one of three hotel/motels in town we didn't have much choice making our way to all the National Parks but I would try to push to MOAB next time before staying here...

The hotel was dirty..Floors and carpets stained...hotel smelled of smoke and everything creaked or didn't work...Our room was ready when we arrived but they gave us a King instead of two Queens...After another trip to the front desk to get the key we finally arrived at our room...
Smelled like molded smoke...A/C made all kinds of noise...Cable didn't work- Front desk said the whole town lost cable a few hours before we arrived and the one cable guy in town was working on it...

Staff inattentive...breakfast was standard but area not clean...

I would not recommend this hotel and would choose to stay in Moab if possible...

Room Tip: None go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Honestperspective
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear HonestResponse,
I wanted to take a moment & thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I do wish to assure you that these are not the standards for which we are so proud. I will cover all of the issues you described with my entire staff. There are always opportunities for us to learn and grow as a team to do better for every guest. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to do just that.
Again, I couldn't be more disappointed that we delivered a less than perfect stay for you, and I do hope that next time you pass through, you will give us another try.

Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express Team