Green River is one of those one street towns that in the middle of a long days driving that you're really glad to see, but it does seem to be a little down on its luck at the moment.
There are only two places to eat other than subway and Arby's outlets and they were Bobs bar in the middle of town, and the Tamarisk (opposite the hotel), which was where we ate - good food, reasonable prices, but nothing fancy.
The Hotel is ok, a little tired but I'm sure the renovation program will help. The rooms are still clean although I would have preferred not to have been allocated a disabled room, however, the hotel was full so it's not a complain, just a preference. Breakfast was typical HIE fare and the staff were in no rush to stop serving and let everyone enjoy a little longer to enjoy their breakfast.
The gardens and car park were well maintained.
I would comment that the "high speed internet" was very slow and we even tried to use the two pc's in the lobby and they were equally slow. There were a number of guests with us in the lobby all of whom struggled with a poor connection, even after the desk clerk restarted the router.
I guess it's high speed for a small number of guests, but a full house placed too much demand on the available bandwidth. We really needed the internet to book the next nights hotels for our road trip and it literally took a couple of hours to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel, Green River, Utah hotel offers 60 guest rooms and has all the amenities that make the brand a top pick plus an indoor pool and hot tub which form the perfect end to a day of travel. Excellent location with beautiful views of the Bookcliff mountains. Close proximity to dining, golf and the John Wesley Powell Museum. This hotel is centrally located to all of the spectacular scenery that Southeastern Utah is famous for. Hotel features include free local phone calls, high speed wireless internet, and a complimentary Express Start breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Green River, UT and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Green River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Green River Hotel Green River
- Holiday Inn Green River
- Green River Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Green River Utah