“good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Green River
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Room was ready for us. No road noise or noise from other rooms.
Breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and the usual juices and pastry.
will be staying here again if we decide to travel to Las Vegas via the northern route from Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear john_a_retired,
Thank you so much for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look very much forward to your next visit! Thank you for your kind review - it makes doing our jobs so rewarding!

Natalie & The Holiday Inn Express Team

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is not a typical holiday inn express. The building seemed tired, old and in need of some attention. The staff we very helpful and friendly, which did make up for the poor location. Green River is a very poor town. All of the buildings are closed down and boarded up. It is like a ghost town! The only restaurant in town was a diner and quite a rough and ready place. I am so glad that this was a quick stop-over hotel!
The room was small, with poor decor and stained sheets. Not pleasant.
This really is an embarrassment to the hie name.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah_Allen
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Hannah_Allen,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am sorry that you found your accommodations unsatisfactory. Green River is a very small area and many of the stores that opened during an economic boom many years ago in the downtown area are now closed. What disappoints me the most is that you did not find your room fresh & up to date, and I am very sorry that you experienced that. We strive for superior customer care & ultimate cleanliness & I am very glad to hear that the staff here did make some of your stay more enjoyable. We are gearing up for some very exciting renovations & upgrades around the property, set to begin around late winter or early spring. I hope that on your next trip through, we are able to "wow" you with our remodel.
Happy Traveling & Kindest Regards,
Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express team

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I agree with many other reviewers that this hotel is not what one would expect from a Holiday Inn. I wonder if it was bought out from another (crappier) hotel chain and just not renovated to the standards of a typical HI. It was way overpriced for what you get: very bare bones, nothing modern or updated, no extras or frills (no coffee maker, fridge, microwave, etc.), and just looked run down and old overall. I would not stay here again and would not have stayed here in the 1st place had I seen the room first (unless they cut the rate like 50%).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Tet1023,
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. It is our goal that every guest have superior customer care & a clean & comfortable stay. We do have rooms that feature refrigerators & microwaves, and I am sorry that you were not able to reserve one of those rooms - as we are in the midst of our high season, many of those rooms are reserved quickly daily. We do always have a refrigerator in our great room area, and a microwave as well. We also have coffeemakers in every room as well as fresh coffee in the great room 24 hours a day. It is a big disappointment to us that you did not find your accommodations worth the value, as we work very hard to keep up with industry standards. In addition, we are in the planning stages of some very exciting renovations & upgrades, and hope that on your next pass through, we are able to meet your expectations.
Natalie & the Holilday Inn Express team

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wow! Upon entering Green River I thought maybe I was driving on a movie set. It kind of remind me of a Mad Max movie...Almost all businesses were closed about half dozen remained open. I was waiting for a tumbleweed to go rolling down the street.

The hotel was the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in...I have probably stayed at over 100 different HI properties but this one was bad. Let me explain...

Since this was maybe one of three hotel/motels in town we didn't have much choice making our way to all the National Parks but I would try to push to MOAB next time before staying here...

The hotel was dirty..Floors and carpets stained...hotel smelled of smoke and everything creaked or didn't work...Our room was ready when we arrived but they gave us a King instead of two Queens...After another trip to the front desk to get the key we finally arrived at our room...
Smelled like molded smoke...A/C made all kinds of noise...Cable didn't work- Front desk said the whole town lost cable a few hours before we arrived and the one cable guy in town was working on it...

Staff inattentive...breakfast was standard but area not clean...

I would not recommend this hotel and would choose to stay in Moab if possible...

Room Tip: None go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Honestperspective
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear HonestResponse,
I wanted to take a moment & thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I do wish to assure you that these are not the standards for which we are so proud. I will cover all of the issues you described with my entire staff. There are always opportunities for us to learn and grow as a team to do better for every guest. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to do just that.
Again, I couldn't be more disappointed that we delivered a less than perfect stay for you, and I do hope that next time you pass through, you will give us another try.

Natalie & the Holiday Inn Express Team

Reviewed July 25, 2013

After attempting to check in to a non chain hotel in the area and finding it dowdy and substandard (in spite of high ratings on trip advisor.Is this place being reviewed by bias?)we were relieved and delighted with Holiday Inn.It is immaculate and updated.Staff is warm and professional.There is a lovely park next door if you ( or your dog) want to stroll.Green River is a sad place,economic blight is apparent,but the Holiday Inn rises above all of that and the drive here from Bryce is awe inspiring.So come here.Avoid the hyperbole about non chain hotels.Relax!

Room Tip: We are Room 237 very very quiet.Went to check out restaurant across the street,Tamarisk,looks like...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Beverly,
We first want to thank you for staying at the holiday inn express in green river! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the park next door. It is guests like you who make our job worthwhile & enjoyable! We hope the rest of your travels were safe & wonderful, and we hope to see you again soon in green river!
Kindest regards,
Natalie Hert & the holiday inn express team

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a one bed room suit with excellent amenities. Also had a diner at the hotel restaurant. Quality and service of food was excellent. I give this hotel and restaurant five star.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JayBeaux
Thank you for your kind review!! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay!! We look very forward to having you as our guest each & every time you pass through Green River. It makes our jobs so rewarding when our guests enjoy the beautiful area and their entire stay!!

Cheers & Happy Travels,
Natalie & The Holiday Inn Express team

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Green River, UT is not a big town. Pit stop on Interstate. Desk personnel were very friendly. Mix up in reservation resolved very professionally. Pet friendly and very clean. I will use this hotel again when travelling between New Mexico and Idaho.

• Stayed: July 2013
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear KiddKC,
We just wanted to take a moment & thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Green River! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind words & review!
We hope to see you again soon on your travels!

Natalie Hert & the Holiday Inn Express Green River Team