“Pet Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Green River
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for those who are traveling with Fido. Loads of parking for people who are pulling trailers. Breakfast is reasonably good. Location is convenient. Staff is competent and friendly. Rooms are clean. The improvement that would make this 5 stars I'm in-room microwaves and refrigerators.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Hutchlm,

We want to thank you & your pet for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River UT! We also wish to thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled that you & your pet enjoyed the property, your room, and our pet areas. We appreciate or guests with furry travelers & love hearing that you have found this property accommodating & welcome! We hope you enjoyed a safe & wonderful trip & hope to see you again soon!!

The Holiday Inn Express in Green River

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and like the brand. The HIE in Green River is to be avoided. From the gray dingy pillow cases to the rotten fruit in the breakfast room this place is a mess. We chose to stay here in part so our kids could use the pool at night, but were reluctant to let them swim because the water was so murky. The hot tub looked cleaner, but was in fact, barely luke warm. The staff had a couple nice folks in the breakfast room, but overall they were not friendly. Mysteriously, the booking price had also gone up $10/day upon checkout. The town of Green River is mostly boarded up and pretty depressing. With such a great location it should be like Moab, but it is a sad, boarded up ghost town. Save your money and camp or drive the extra few miles to Moab.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steph D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Steph D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had to make a quick change of plans for our Spring trip to Moab from Denver due to nasty weather in Vail. We had planned to tow our tear drop camper and take road bikes (on top of the SUV) to Moab for a 4 day trip of hiking and cycling. We decided to leave the tear drop and look for a hotel. All hotels were booked that was reasonably priced. So, we looked at a map and saw Green River, UT was only about 45 miles from the place we wanted to ride. I used trip advisor to locate a hotel in Grn River. The Holiday Inn Express was available so we booked it. We arrived not knowing what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The breakfast area was spic and span. The food was fair but plentiful. The staff very friendly and accommodating. Even a little outside place to grill (we brought our own travel grill). I would recommend this HI Express to anyone thinking of a trip to Moab or even as a stop over while en route to another destination. We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed our alternative vacation plan. Also very quiet. We had a 1st floor room so we could hear occ the people above us but not to the sides. Would ask for a 2nd floor room when booking ahead. Thank you, HI Express of Green River, Utah!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Green River on a recent road trip and thought the Holiday Inn would be a safe choice. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly but everything else was a little beat up. The rooms looked good but the pillow cases and towels were all a gray-white color which turned me off. We took the kids for a swim and the pool chemicals must have been way off because you could barely breathe in there and it made my eyes burn immediately. Could be a nice hotel but it needs more attention.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank alijhf
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Green River,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your trip to the pool. I would also like to let you know that the graying issue you saw on your pillowcases & towels is a hard water issue (maybe also the source of the odor in the pool area) something we are working diligently to solve.
I hope that the rest of your travels were safe & enjoyable, and I sincerely apologize for any discomfort with your stay.

Holilday Inn Express Green River Family

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lots of National and State parks in the area and we choose the Green River location as it is just down the road from Moab where all of the parks are, and it was $50 cheaper a night! Not much in Green River as it is a very little town, was kind of nice after a busy day in the parks to go back to a very quiet location. We had everything we needed, pool, etc., and it was clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank You Jim for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River,
I am so glad you found your stay quiet & enjoyable (we do like to keep our rates affordable for folks who don't mind traveling a short distance from the parks).
Thank you for your review & we hope to see you on your next visit to the parks!!
The Green River Holiday Inn Express Family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I tend to stay at a lot of HIE hotels when I travel, so when I need to rest my head in a place I don't know I tend to lean on HIE hotels because they're pretty consistently good. This experience wasn't bad, but a little below the norm from HIE hotels.
The staff was friendly and helpful, which is always a good thing. The room was OK, but might need to clean the carpet and clean under the bed. The pool was colder than normal and had poor lighting, but make sure to wear something on your feet to and from because the hallway carpet needs a serious deep cleaning or replaced. The breakfast was standard HIE food, but the pancake maker was broken which reading other reviews seems to happen often.
In the end I might consider a different hotel if I go through Green River again. The staff was wonderful but the owner needs to invest some money into this HIE to get up to the HIE standard people come to expect, because currently it is not.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kelley P

First off, I'd like to thank you for staying with us in Green River. I'd also like to apologize for the hallway carpet. We are having the halls steam cleaned shortly and hope to be replacing carpet throughout by the end of fall. It genuinely helps when guests who care offer frank & honest feedback. We pride ourselves on customer service, and I am very happy that we met your expectations there. As a side-note, I'd like to let you know that we just received a brand new (operable) pancake maker.
Thank you again for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River - we hope that next time you're passing through you'll stop in & give us another chance to meet your expectations,
The Holiday Inn Express Green River Family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am really picky about cleanliness, and this hotel didn't deliver to my standards. There was dust in all of the carpet corners (I don't think it has ever been edged), the lamp was covered in a layer of dust and the bottom of the toilet looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. It wasn't anything huge, just not super clean. The drain in the sink had a difficult time as well. It was a busy night and there was only one staff member checking people in, despite the fact that the hotel was completely full, so check in was slow. I requested a roll away and was pleasantly surprised to have it waiting for us in our room. Breakfast was fine, pretty standard for a cheaper hotel breakfast. The pool was small and there weren't very many chairs in the area. It was fine for a place to sleep and shower, but a bit over- priced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mom of 4 Awesome Kids,
I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, UT. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay to your fullest. Being in the desert, with high winds, dry dusty air, & a ton of guests visting for the beauty of the ATV/Biking destinations around us, dust is one of our biggest hazards. I apologize that your room felt as though edging & dusting had been an item forgotten by cleaning staff. We are very appreciative of guests' posts, as it helps us learn & perform our jobs better - our primary concern is guest comfort; we have shared your comments as an entire staff, to help the whole team see the hotel as guests see the hotel. We do hope that next time you visit green river, you'll come & give us another try.
The Holiday Inn Express Green River Family