“Fewer amenities than most other Motel 6 locations.”

Motel 6 Green River
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fewer amenities than most other Motel 6 locations.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I certainly did not expect much as this is a Motel 6, but this location offered even less than the other standard Motel 6 locations. Yes, it did have a basic bed, bathroom, tv, and internet. Surprisingly, they charged and additional $3 if you wanted a room with a microwave and/or fridge. The pool was closed for the winter.

The door locks did not seem to work properly, because if you did not close the door very hard, you could easily snatch the door open. There were two washers and two dryers and one dryer was still out of service as mentioned in an earlier review.

An ice machine, soda machine and paper vending machine were located in the office area. The desk also offered cleaning towels to guest upon request.

I stayed at several Motel 6 locations on my western parks tour and this would probably be the only Motel 6 location I would not visit again.

Room Tip: Best to choose a room in the rear to avoid a lot of the vehicle traffic. Carefully check door locks...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I didn't have high expectations when it only cose $30 to stay here, and really you can't complain about a few holes in the curtains and cramped bathrooms when it's so cheap. It was exactly what I expected for the price, with the added benefit of really nice staff. I forgot something in my room when I already had checked out and they let me back in without worry and were generally chatty and friendly. I was a young woman travelling alone and arrived in the middle of the night so was a bit nervous about showing up at a random hotel, but the lady made me feel safe and welcome and I had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fionna88
Denver, Colorado USA
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Seriously, you get exactly what you need here and nothing more, but that is great. I stayed last night and all I needed was a clean room, a shower and a bed and that is precisely what I got-for 35 bucks. The place across the street wanted $100. Oh, I guess I could have gotten a crappy bottle of shampoo for the extra $65, but did I need that? No. So this place rocks as far as I am concerned. I would never spend any length of time here, but then again I would never spend any length of time in Green River either, so...ya feel me?

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked this motel online since it was a halfway point on our trip and close to national parks. I would NEVER stay here again. The non-smoking room reeked of smoke, the sheets had holes in them, we found dirty socks under the bedspread (not our socks), we didn't get the rooms we were promised and the A/C quit working about 2am leaving our room stifling hot. Oneo of the dryers was broken leaving the 3 different families doing laundry a long wait, and to be honest, the front desk didn't give a crap that our stay was awful. Corporate says this is a franchise motel and I can't believe that they let them use the name!

Room Tip: Don't choose any of these rooms...pay the extra money for a different motel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jolene P

Travelers are raving about these Green River hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was surprised by the room and the rates were awesome...On the road so every dollar counts...Not bad room for the price...They checked with use on anything we needed...Not bad for a motel by the interstate....Would stay here again...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank desull26
Warwickshire, England
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed here for a number of years from England and find the motel is well cared for. The scent of the petunias by reception is quite a nice touch. We had a relaxing and quiet stay.
We found the air con efficient and unobtrusive being up on the wall rather than by the side of the bed where it could be draughty. We were impressed to find a fridge in our room and that the free wi-fi worked. The staff were efficient and friendly and were looking forward to the motel being re-modelled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good price for a no frills motel. No charge for our dog. The room was small and the carpet could use a good cleaning. The bathroom fan was loud but the shower was great. There was a microwave and a fridge which was very good but the clerk said not all rooms had those. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family