“Good value and pet friendly”

Motel 6 Green River
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Green River
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good value and pet friendly”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good price for a no frills motel. No charge for our dog. The room was small and the carpet could use a good cleaning. The bathroom fan was loud but the shower was great. There was a microwave and a fridge which was very good but the clerk said not all rooms had those. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hobart
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

For $50 a night, compared to what you can get at Moab down the road, this hotel was pretty good. My room was clean, bed comfortable enough and very quiet. Saw other comments about poor air conditioning and don't know what that's about ... My room's air-con worked fine and was the quietest I've had since arriving in The States a week ago. Service was also really good and friendly. Only issues I had was that the wi-fi was intermittent (but they fixed it when I told them this was an issue) and the soda machine took my money, but can't really blame the hotel for that. I'd stay he again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Downey, California
Reviewed August 3, 2012

i pulled into town late and stopped at the Motel 6(BIG MISTAKE). i got a room that was way over priced,with rude service that barely spoke english. when I got to my room it was small, torn curtins, dirty bathroom, and miserably hot. i called the front desk and was told open a window. i used the bath towels so my feet wouldnt touch the floors considering there were no bath mats,, when i finally bared through the heat of the night and fell asleep, i woke up too bites all over my legs,back and chest. i went directly to the office to complain and was told by a different non english speaken person that there will be no refund some kind of discount what so ever and if i didnt like it to never come back. thats something motel 6 wont ever have to worry about

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank denise t

Travelers are raving about these Green River hotels

ogden utah
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I'll be honest and admit that the reason that I selected Motel 6 in Green River was simply because the rooms were available at a low price. We wanted somewhere to stay that was relatively close to Arches National Park (about 50 miles away) and I didn't want to spend $100 a night or more to be in Moab.

Motel 6 had clean and comfortable rooms available at $55 a night. Our room seemed quiet, although I believe the motel was sold out. The motel is located on Main Street near the east entrance to I-70. Several other motels are around it. Motel 6 does not offer a breakfast. Although, they do offer free coffee and tea in the morning. It does have a swimming pool which looked decently cared for to me and I'm sorry we were unable to use it because of time pressures.

The bathroom and bedding were perfectly clean. The room carpet was in good shape. The air conditioner worked well. The front desk staff was not overly friendly, but did answer our questions. I can't complain about the service that I got.

If I am in a similar situation in the future, I will choose to stay here rather than pay twice as much money for lodging in Moab.

Room Tip: I suspect the second floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
COLORADO SPRINGS
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First, I have to say, the girl at the front desk was awesome and super efficient. She had a sudden rush of people and was handling them two at a time with a very friendly attitude (unlike the girl at the Super 8 down the street who rudely told me there were no rooms).
The room was pretty basic, but seemed clean when I first walked in. However, there were two hairs in the sink. No big deal, I thought...it's just a sink. But then I pulled down the sheets and there were hairs on the sheets!!! At first I thought, "get over it...maybe it's just the maid's hair." But then I thought, "I wonder if they even changed these sheets from the last person???" Luckily, I was driving home from a camping trip, so I still had my sleeping bag, etc. I ended up pulling the blankets off the bed and sleeping on top of my camp mat and sleeping bag, covered up with my fleece liner. I was too tired to deal with a tent, but in hindsight, I wish I had pulled over at a campground instead.
Oh, yeah, and if you need more than one towel, ask for it at the front desk when you check in. I don't mean one towel per person, I mean ONE towel. lol

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We used this place as a rest/ stop off on our tour national parks tour- we stayed there for 3 nights.
1. there is not much around to do here so just use it to rest and sleep.
2. the place is very basic
3.the wifi was broken, when it was not broken it was slow.
4. room service: the maid didnt bother to do our beds up , though they changed our towels and bins and left ... leaving the beds messy.... Job half done on all 3 nights!
5. the walls are so thin , you could hear everything , and therefore we didnt get a good night sleep.
6. the pool : despite it being so hot 40 C + , it was shut as they said it was a seasonal pool .
to Motel 6 : dont advertise something you arent going to offer. . If 40 degrees centigrade is not hot , when is it?
The pool looked like it needed maintenance too and deep cleaning...
Also, DEAR MOTEL 6 : have non pet rooms for your non pet clients . I have only found out you are a pet friendly hotel , and you have just lost a costumer , as I dont pay to stay in kennels.
Thank you!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Makawao, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I arrived at the motel around 10:30 PM after driving from California and got a room on the second floor. When we got to the room it was so hot it was hard to even walk into. We turned on what we thought was the AC and waited for it to cool. I called down to the front desk and told the lady that our room was very hot and the AC wasn't very cold, so she told me to open the window a little bit and turn the unit's fan on medium so I tried that. After an hour and half our room STILL wasn't cool I called the desk again and spoke to a man about how hot the room was and asked if they had a fan we could use. He gave us a fan and told my husband that the units in the rooms were NOT air conditioners but more of a heat pump! So in Utah in June, where it is 100 degrees during the day, and was every bit of that today, NONE of the rooms have air conditioners! If they actually told that to every person who wanted to rent a room they wouldn't have a SINGLE guest, but they don't. They took our money first and let us find the hard way that you can't sleep in a room that's at least 80 degrees. Oh, and all the candy in their snack machine comes out all melted because it's SO HOT In the room where the ice, soda machines, and snacks are! DON'T STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!

Room Tip: When you check in, ask about their AC---they don't have any!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family