“Perfect Peaceful Getaway Spot!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garden City
Bear Lake/Garden City KOA Campground
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just 3 hours from SLC and you can relax at this well kept campground. We love to stay in the Kamper Kabins. There are tent sites, RV sites, and a variety of Kabins to choose from. There is a great swimming pool, miniature golf, volleyball, a bounce pillow (about the size of a pool), bike rentals, a great little grocery store, playground, horse shoes, a shaved ice stand, a rec room with ping pong and pool. I really can't think of anything that was missing.

There were kids activities every evening and a nature scavenger hunt that was fun for the little one :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kdadman

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The sites are quite small, but this camp ground has all the amenities, including bike rentals, dog park, playground, swimming pool, jump pad (costs extra to prevent over crowding, there are lots of signs stating this), grocery store and ace hardware on front of the property for incidentals, nice bathrooms, and a full service kitchen pavilion. There are trees on each site, but these are invaluable in the summer heat, so if you have a larger recreational vehicle, you might inquire about tree issues as you book. The ladies at the front desk were very nice, and they took plenty of time answering every question. The restrooms could stand to be cleaned more frequently on the weekends, even though it appears they are being cleaned 2-3 times per day. The main negatives are the lack of direct lake access and the small sites, but overall, we had a nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lillie M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

..after driving and driving thru Utah, we finally arrived at this facility. It looked nice from the front, but there are a few problems we encountered while we visited.

First, I requested a cabin near the rest rooms, and they put me very far away! Also, the site they put us in had thorns and stickers all over it. Our dog couldn't walk around, and the thorns were sticking in our sandals. I did go up to the desk to complain.

Granted they put me in a new cabin: a) closer to the Restroom, and b) on a grassy area with no stickers, but it was a bit of a struggle. The young people at the desk said they had me in a cabin near the rest room originally, but the power went out; so, they moved me to an upgraded cabin. Well, the first cabin was not an upgraded cabin. It was a typical KOA Kamping Kabin. Don't know why the argument?

Also, the kids got kicked off the Jumping Pillow because they didn't know you had to pay $3.00 for a wrist band to play. The individual who did that was not very nice to them.

The staff that works the desk and outside (except for an older gentleman) are all young kids who don't quite know "customer service". They were rude to other people while we were in the little "store".

The morning we checked out, it was about 10:30 am. The store still wasn't open. I thought that was a bit unusual. We dropped our key off and left. Most KOAs open their offices at 8:00 a.m. to accomodate people who may need to purchase something, and provide free coffee for their guests. Not here. No coffee! Again, odd!

Will not stay here again. It is out of the way, and also a bit on the expensive side for a KOA... Maybe a 5 at best..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KUMtngal
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just finished my stay here and I enjoyed it. I have two kids and I think they enjoyed their time here more than any other campground we stayed at. There is tons of kids acitivities. Jumping Pillow (its like a giant trampoline), mini golf, a nice pool, playground, horseshoes, basketball, and a playroom. The price was super reasonable too. $30 a night for a campsite. They had an all you can eat breakfast for $5 a person. The campground was super clean. The tent sites were nice and grassy. I have nothing but good things to say about this place. They had a pet exercise area. The owners seem super comitted to make it a nice place. Even the bathrooms had granite countertops.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank worldtravelers_ja
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The sites are so close unless you get two there's a chance you may be able to roast your marshmellows on your neighbors fire! The good side is that they were not full when we went so we kind of had our site and the one next to us. The showers/bathrooms are incredibly clean and newly remodeled. Very nice! Would probably be great with a family with kids as there are several activities (pool, bouncy area, bike rentals, mini-golf:albiet in bad condition, volley-ball net) the bike trail is nice and runs down to the marina or up into town where there are some cool shops and restaurants. I would like there to be more room/privacy at the tent sites. But overall it is a very good campground.

Room Tip: They do not rent out site 79 so ask for 80 and you get a little extra space that is close to the sho...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Harvestsmiles
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The most expensive campground I've ever stayed in. My campsite had a tree that hung very low and touched the top and side of my trailer. To be all the way in my campsite and close enough to the hookups my brand new trailer would have tree branches rubbing, scratching, etc. especially every time the wind blew. When I complained they were VERY RUDE and said if we didn't like the campground we were welcome to leave. No refund. The campground was full. It was a busy holiday weekend. I had made a reservation months in advance. My husband even offered to help trim some of the branches a bit. They replied with if he touched the tree they would call the police. Bad experience all the way around.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here because my hubby was doing some fossil digging an hour away in Kemmerer, and we needed a place to plop down and spend time. We've stayed at a few KOAs, and this one was pretty nice: large shade trees (that made you feel like you were actually camping, vs. parked in a parking lot), large/ample clean bathrooms, grocery store next door, coin laundry, etc. Most important for this particular stay, there was a variety of kid activities (jumpy thing, playground, pool, mini golf, bike rental) that kept us busy. The pool was a nice amenity, but it needs to be cleaned - the water was murky.

The staff was very friendly, but they need to be better about enforcing quiet time after 10 p.m. (our neighbors were drunk, roudy and annoying).

You can ride your bike about a mile or drive into "town" for food and other activities. There is no beach/lake access close by, but even if there was, the lake levels were too high when we were there in July.

Lastly, it was a bit pricey to stay here, I'm guessing it was high season. I think we paid more than 50 bucks a night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family