“Dirty, old, and cheap”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fillmore
Sandy, Utah
“Dirty, old, and cheap”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow! I think I found another worst Comfort Inn. The mattress was cheap and old. The coffee pot was not clean. Two of the walls were very dirty and had lots of chip marks. The sink was cracked, had hair in it, and the faucet leaked. Based on previous responses to mediocre reviews, it appears the "guest relations" person takes canned responses and has no power or concern to make things better. I've drawn conclusions. Choice does not inspect do anything about poor properties and the owner bought the property to milk it for cash and not invest in anything major to upgrade the property. As the ownership group owns many hotels and has a horrible reputation, I believe cash is available, but not in keeping with the owner's operations goals. Would I stay again? Absolutely not!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have endured during your stay at the hotel. I can assure you we do everything in our power to resolve every guest issue reported. We thank you for sharing your experiences, and I'll be sure to share your concerns with the management team.

Bryanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Challis, Idaho
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

First thing we notice -- breakfast is served from 5:30 to 8:30! Yikes! I thought 9:00 was bad. Oh well, it won't hurt us to skip one breakfast. The man at the front desk has a very heavy accent and I had trouble understanding him. He explained that they had remodeled the bedrooms with new carpet, comforters and drapes and they would be working on the bathrooms next. When we got to the room, I was impressed with the quality of their improvements. Yes, the bathroom needs some work, but it is clean. I'm OK with that. Then my husband finds an ear-wig in the bathroom. I hate bugs and now I'm looking for them everywhere. Didn't find anymore. The outlet by the table is very loose, but I was able to use it to charge the iPad. I used the outlet behind the bed-side table to charge my phone. The plugin for the clock is filthy. Now, I'm looking around again! The plugins for the hair dryer and coffee maker are filthy too. The coffee maker looks bad, but when I scrape it with my finger nail it didn't come off so maybe it is just hard-water build-up. It took close to 30 minutes for the pot to make a little more than 2 cups of coffee. Yup, it needs vinegar. Probably won't stay there again. Paid $71.10 + tax. Total $78.17

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with General Manager Ken to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fillmore.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Friendly staff and good rooms. Right next to a good fresh Mexican restaurant too! the room was quiet staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Even helped out with patching a hole in my moving truck as it was snowing!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew B
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Matthew B.,

We thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond to accomodate your needs. We put guests first and we hope to see you again soon!

west sussex
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night to break up a long journey, the room was clean and had everything we needed. Loved the waffles in the breakfast buffet and the view from the breakfast room. The Christmas train was a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debUK3
Grand Terrace, California
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We arrive exhausted at 1230A and went straight to bed. The next morning, it was clear that housekeeping had NOT done a thorough cleaning. The shower had a half used shampoo bottle and bar of soap still present. The dresser drawers still had trash inside. Disappointed ..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide each guest with the utmost customer service. I have shared your concerns with the General Manager and I can assure you corrective action will be taken. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence.

Bellflower, California
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stopped at this hotel to rest from a long trip. The room was very clean and they provided a nice breakfast for a great value. I will definitely make this as my regular stop when I travel in this part of Utah. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose L
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for work many times and find it to be an exceptional value. The hotel is clean and quiet for a freeway hotel. Linens are crisp and fresh. Free breakfast includes hot food as well as good protein choices. Kent (manager) is always there to take care of the details. I travel with my dog and the hotel is very dog friendly. The pool and spa is open 24 hours...very good idea for tired travelers. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The dog friendly rooms are clean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelingGM2013
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay us. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for acknowledging our General Manager, he truly does a great job along with our staff. We strive to provide each guest with the utmost customer service are glad our staff accommodated your every need. We encourage guest to not leave their loyal companions at home. They too should experience new adventures alongside you. Once again thank you for staying with us and your kind words. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Bryanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fillmore
Best Western Paradise Inn & Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#3 of 13 in Richfield

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore? Share your experiences!