“Unsafe and Dirty”

Lagoon Amusement Park
Reviewed August 19, 2013

They packed people into the rides like cattle -- even forcing us to sit smashed against strangers. On the log flume I could not sit down due to a lack of seating room (they seated 3 adults in a space designed for two) -- the ride attendant ignored my protests and still sent the ride on its way. The restrooms were the worse that I have encountered in many years. In the mens room there were bugs crawling all over the toilet seats, and the smell of feces was overpowering. People were carrying 24-packs of beer and hard liquor into the park, and the smell of marijuana was everywhere. Gangs were rampant. By the afternoon many of the guests were drunk and/or stoned.

5  Thank 911Jack

Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you are looking for a full day of fun with children that want to ride rides all day, then this is the place to go.
You can pack food and sleeping gear because should you get tired you can spread out blankets under shaded trees throughout the entire property to rest in between having all that fun on rides.
This is the best thing next to Disneyland for those who don't want to travel to California.
Go early, set up a resting place,have a fun picnic or even bring a volley ball and just have a great time experiencing all the rides.
They have an area with rides for small kiddies as well. In Lagoon there is also a water park where you can cool off after all the exciting rides you've been on. Great Value!

1  Thank EKahaialii
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I haven't been to Lagoon for years. I remember it as dirty, crowded, and not too many big rides. We went this past weekend for a family reunion and I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, even the bathrooms weren't too bad. We had a reserved pavilion for our family. We were able to bring in coolers with food and drinks which really saved money. The kids all had a great time. The rides in Kiddieland are all very close together and it is shady. The older kids also had fun on the bigger rides. There are more big rides now and I didn't feel that the park was too crowded. My only complaint is that it was really hot and the queues for the big rides are not shaded. You stand in line and get baked by the sun. Overall we had a really good time. I would go again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had a horrible experience at Lagoon.....needed my nieces insulin with me at all times or right near me when I got off the rides.....none of the workers were helpful....save your money and go to the we Aquarium......the cat enclosures are cruel......need to do something about this

7  Thank Jodi M
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our trip to Utah was quick but we did spend an afternoon at Lagoon after shouting requests from the children in the back of the car. It was hot, humid and busy at Lagoon that day. We started by having a hard time finding the entrance in the parking lot and once inside coming right to a dead end and then to the entrance to the waterpark located inside the park, but which requires another type of ticket????

Finally, we got our bearings and checked out some rides... actually a lot of rides...Lagoon packs in a TON of coasters and smaller rides in what seems to be a small park. There is an airplane ride that is not to miss... and then many others that are fun for the kids. I loved the sky ride, my husband did not, especially when it stopped three times while we were on it!

Food was not great -- park not all that clean, but it was acceptable for the price. We are Disney-philes so it's hard for us to judge other amusement parks since Disney does everything so well.

I would suggest that signage is improved and maps are given when you purchase a ticket. It would help for people visiting for the first time who only have a short time to make the most of their visit, like us.

1  Thank AlisaB_11