“good motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prospector Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Escalante
Prospector Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Escalante
France
“good motel”
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Wife and me, French, on our vacation trip across the USA during summer 08, we spent three nights at the Prospector Inn.
Unfortunately, lot of rain.

Good and clean motel, room OK, good restaurant at the back.

Thanks a lot to Pauline at the desk : after a first contact a little sharp, we found a very nice woman with a great heart, great experiences, with whom we loved to talk a lot. She made our stay much nicer.

Go safe, Pauline : we love you !

Philippe

• Liked — all
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Malibu, California
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I was on a cross country trip and when the sun started going down I was in Escalante so I pulled into the first motel I saw and this was it. It was absolutely beautiful for a small town motel. Classic! It had free wifi so I pulled a chair outside my motel room onto the outdoor entrance way and sat there checking my email and watching the sun set over the beautiful Utah mountains. It was great, clean, isolated and friendly. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Taniquan
Toronto
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I had booked the Prospector in advance and good thing, since there was a festival on in town and every place was sold out. I arrived about 8:00 pm and the friendly lady at reception had my reservation ready to go.

The room was fine, basic decor. Mine was on the second level, which meant lugging my suitcase up the stairs - not a real issue for me. The only problem I had was with moths - Not sure how they got in there, but there were at least 6 that I had to dispose of before bed. It seemed like they were in the room already and started flying around once I turned the lights on. I know they didn't get in while I had the door open. I had to leave early the next morning, so didn't get the chance to mention it to the staff.

Overall, it is a good hotel in a good location - about 50 miles to Bryce Canyon and 28 to Boulder along Hwy 12 - some spectacular scenery - highly recommended.

• Liked — Reception, friendliness & professionalism
  • Disliked — Moths in my room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank QuixoticCanuck
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed there on our way from bryce national park to arches national park.
I have choosen the motel because of the positive recommendations here and it was a good choice.
Very Friendly staff + service, nice and clean rooms. Motel includes a good cafe where you can have breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Everything is perfectly maintained so you don't really see that the property is an older motel.
It is definitly more charmful then those motels from the big chains.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank ticketmuc
Langen, Germany
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Coming from Bryce Canyon we found Prospector Inn as a clean and cozy place to stay. There is an attached restaurant where they serve nice dinner and a good american breakfast in the morning. Price for a bed with double queen was effordable and not on tourist level as in Bryce. Ideal location to explore Grand Staircase National Park and Burr Trail.

• Liked — friendly and helpful reception staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Becker_Uwe
La Canada, California
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This is an OK hotel...nothing special. The front desk is run by a lady called Pauline and she can be quite funny and enjoyable to talk to. She'll make many funny remarks that sound rude but they are all in good fun and she will then crack a big smile. She was the person that made our stay worthwhile. There is a resatuarant right next store which has good food.

• Liked — The manager
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Rogerdob
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2008

friendly and nice front desk lady,clean,basic motel room with not bad beds,solid building construction and mostly quiet neighbors.good ,somewhat loud air conditioner but like the TV, works fine. HOT water,good pressure.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keimanu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escalante
Ticaboo Resort
#2 of 10 in Escalante
Wild West Retreat
Wild West Retreat
#4 of 10 in Escalante

Been to Prospector Inn? Share your experiences!