“Outstanding Pizza”

North Creek Grill
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Escalante
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located within the Slot Canyons Inn. We are a full service restaurant in a grand setting with outdoor seating and beautiful views. We offer local steaks and burgers. As well as wood fired pizzas, chicken dishes, and gluten free items. We are open tuesday through saturday from 5:30 to 9:30. Reservations are recommended.
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Outstanding Pizza”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

In the middle of nowhere they prepare and serve delicious pizza... and wine. They have other entrees but everyone there was eating pizza. Good service. We ate inside due to the weather but it looks like a great place for dining al fresco.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
denver
“Excellent food in lovely setting”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I went here our first night in Escalante. It was so enjoyable we went back a second night and will probably go a third. The people are lovely and the service is excellent. It is so pleasant to sit on the patio and if it gets cool they set up heaters. We highly recommend the "not-your-mother's meatloaf. The pizza was the best.

• Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
“Three out of four”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Four of us dined at North Creek Grill after a long day of exploring the Grand Staircase-Escalante N.M. on unpaved roads. When we arrive,d the evening was too chilly for dining outside, and the dining room was full, but the staff very kindly set up a table for us in the lobby, where we could gaze longingly on the gorgeous David Delthony sculptured wood chairs and the beautiful quilt on the wall behind them.

We shared an order of the spinach-artichoke dip, which was unusually creamy and very good. The side salads were also excellent, with some of the sweetest onions I've encountered. We all ordered hamburgers, with which three of us were completely satisfied.

My hamburger, however, fell short. I had neglected to specify how well done it should be, and it arrived grey and crumbly. The bacon and cheese might have saved it, but then I found myself chewing on something tough, which turned out to be a small round piece of plastic, evidently the inner top of some kind of sauce bottle. Our server was horrified, as was the chef, who insisted on taking my hamburger off the bill. In retrospect, I wish I'd ordered the meatloaf, which is apparently famous in Escalante.

On the plus side, my bottle of the local ale was excellent, as was the service, which was quick and attentive, without being intrusive.

• Visited May 2014
Palm Beach, Florida
“The is a great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were staying on property and thought, why go out lets just eat here....we didn't have reservations but since our stomachs were on eastern time we got in early. Reservations are a must, this is a small place that can be very popular. We had the meatloaf, yes meatloaf and when I come back to this beautiful place I will order it again. It was the freshest meat I have ever eaten! Service was great! I can't say enough about this place and Slot Canyon Inn.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Eatery in Escalante!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were staying at the Slot Canyons Inn, so staying there for dinner was a natural after a long day of hiking. They've got locally-raised beef - my husband's steak was a little too rare/fatty to his taste, but I had a pizza which was delicious. This is a BYOB establishment, so stock up before going to dinner! Dinner was outside on a patio, with outdoor heaters. Being October, it was a bit chilly, and I don't like to see outdoor heaters contribute to global climate change. I think earlier in the season and before the sun sets, it could be a beautiful dining experience.

• Visited October 2013