“Gem of Escalante”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Escalante
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Escalante Outfitters cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner (7am to 9pm) We specialize in homemade hand tossed pizza using local Utah ingredients (Utah sausage, goat cheeses, sun dried tomatoes). Our salads are tomato, mozzarella, chicken salad, smoked trout, BLT using applewood smoked bacon, Ceasar salads loaded with homemade garlicy ceasar. Our breakfasts are specialty made breakfast rolls, quiche, baked oatmeal, expresso bar. Stop by our cafe, you will be delighted with what you find.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were lucky enough to eat here on their opening day of the season. With few choices for a good meal in the area, we lucked out!!! I had an amazing salad... Smoked Trout Salad. Huge portion of locally caught and house smoked trout. My husband had a delicious sandwich. Also had the "Esca-latte"...great latte! Staff were very friendly and the owner was welcoming and nice to talk to. Definitely check this place out. Hands down, best food in the area!!!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I live in Denver, CO. We have LOTS of great pizza. Every possible kind. Chicago deep dish, NY style, organic local ingredients, big stuffed "mountain" pies and everything in between. Why do I crave the pizza at this tiny joint in the middle of nowhere? Maybe because every time I am in here I am coming off of an epic adventure in the wilderness. This pizza has motivated me to complete some of the toughest hikes of my life. Just keep hiking and imagining what is going in my belly when I make it out. Do not miss this.

2  Thank EvergreenDean
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visited mid week and it was bustling with customers. Some on the deck and the dining room was almost full--we got the last table. A fun evening respite. Even did a bit of shopping in the outfitters area.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Don't come here for the service but for the food. We needed to wait quit a while before we even got the menu and than again to be served. They mainly have pizza on the menu but also sandwiches. The sandwiches are classics that have been given a modern twist which makes them a very good choice. There is also a lage variety in beers.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The cafe we had wanted to eat was just closing as it was a slow day. Shame as this was very average. Very small dining area with tables close together - some guys using as computer base - selfish as others turned away. there is a balcony overlooking the road but too hot for us. food was usual sandwich/pizza fare but not very fresh. service lengthy and very disinterested - which was negative as we wanted to get on with our day's holiday