“Great Experience”
Review of Willow Creek Inn

Willow Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were impressed with the cleanliness and quiet atmosphere of this hotel. There was a football game during the same weekend that we stayed at the Willow Creek Inn and of course "no vacancies" due to that. We were a little concerned about the noise level during the evening hours but we were able to get a great nights sleep (thanks great coaches and respectful players, and comfortable beds), and wake up to a yummy breakfast. The showers were definitely large enough for my 6'6" husband (and I'm sure a large football player as well ;) ). We also liked that there was a grocery store, movie theaters and McDonald's across the street and a short car ride to Manti. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy B

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Loved staying here. Rooms were clean and well taken care of. The bed was very comfortable. I was over in Mt. Pleasant and no place was open. They were the only place open at 11:20pm. Would stay here again! Great location when visiting Sanpete County.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BryceKid
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a nice hotel. The room was clean and the price was good. Staff was very nice and helpful. We wish there would have been a swimming pool instead of only a hot tub and refrigerators in the room would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KQCbusy
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Willow Creek was very clean, quiet and comfortable, and only 6 miles away from Manti, which was our destination. Their staff was especially helpful. They were accommodating of our special needs. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank auntkarin
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed our 4 night stay at Willow Creek Inn very clean and spacious rooms.....glad we could rent a refrigerator! Just wish the beds had individual reading lights instead of the big overhead lights. the continental breakfast and waffles were good. the front desk was helpful for restaurant helps by giving us a printed map with names of restaurants in the town.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the 3rd floor facing east to the mtns.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fredddddddddy
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were in town one night for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. It was very nice to drive just a few minutes outside of Manti to a nice quiet hotel and just be able to crash...no sounds of people running around outside....now crowds for hours after. It was peaceful! The rooms were very clean, and plenty of room for my family of 5. The breakfast was filling and things moved smoothly and quickly. The staff was kind and polite. We will definitely book a room here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Promise M
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is the first review I have written for tripadvisor, but I would like to tell you about our experience last night with this hotel. Let me say that we travel a fair bit and that we usually stay in Marriott Hotels. We are not rich but we are not poor. We like things clean, and we like good service. The Willow Creek Inn had been recommended to us by some friends (no Marriott in Ephraim or surrounding area).

When we arrived in the early evening, we asked for a room on the first floor near a room that was occupied by some friends. We were denied that request and placed on the second floor. We checked in and went to our room to freshen up before heading off to our evening activity. One of us used the toilet, upon which it would not flush. (My husband and I were there with 2 kids.) We reported it, and were told that they would come in a while and look into it, and that we could use the public restroom down the hallway. We used that restroom and left for the evening. When we returned at midnight, the toilet bowl was clean; however, upon its first use, we discovered that it again would not flush. We called the front desk and the response we received was questionable. The woman handling the desk would see if another woman would come and repair the toilet, and, if she could not, the woman at the desk would come herself, though she admittedly knew little about fixing toilets. After waiting a few minutes with four of us needing the facility, my husband took the lid off the tank and began checking out the workings of the toilet. He identified the problem and repaired it. Shortly after repairing the toilet, the woman from the front desk appeared at the door with a pair of pliers and a paper clip. She admitted that she didn't know what she was doing but had come to try and fix the toilet for us. We told her that it was already taken care of.

I slept very little that night due to the terrible bed and pillows. The bed was obviously cheap and bounced every time my husband moved. The pillows had little loft and had to be folded in half to provide support. The redeeming quality would be that at least the sheets were clean, but the blanket was one of those slimey things that slide off the bed. The bathroom was small, and the sliding door to the bathroom squeeked whenever it was opened or closed, so it was impossible to keep night-time bathroom trips quiet. The shower did, however, have good pressure. There was no blow dryer in the room.

The breakfast was crowded and required a long wait to make a waffle. There was no fruit or anything for healthy-minded diners. Mini muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, cheap orange juice, apple juice, milk, cheap yogurt, boiled eggs and waffles. If people hadn't stood by the waffle maker putting butter and syrup on their waffles, the line could have moved faster. We didn't understand why the staff put syrup there to clog up the line, since there was syrup on each of the tables.

Returning to our room after breakfast, we turned on the AC and were gagged by the smell of skunk. Can't say whether it was from a real skunk or someone smoking pot.

I approached the front desk and recited the problems we had encountered, requesting an adjustment to the price of our room. I thought $88 was high for the misery of our stay. I received no empathy. The manager on duty insisted that the toilet had been repaired upon the first request. I replied that it had never worked until my husband fixed it. It seemed that she thought I was lying. She said the smell of the skunk was outside and not their fault. (Probably true but still undesirable. And hot when you can't run your AC for the smell.) She said she was not authorized to make any adjustments to the bill for our inconveniences.

We checked out, paying the full amount, and receiving a promise that that manager would discuss the matter as well as our request with the owner. I received a message on my cell phone later that they were giving us a whopping 10 percent off our bill.

This is the kind of place that will do in a pinch, but it is not that great. The only positive things I can say are that it was fairly clean and there was something to grab to eat in the morning.

I would rate this place higher if they had responded better on the toilet issue. A toilet is a necessary part of your hotel room, and for $88, you should not have to repair it yourself at midnight. If you do, the staff should be grateful for your help, and not treat you like you're a lying and coniving crook. If they had adjusted our price more appropriately, we might not have left with such sour feelings.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We are sorry this guest had a bad experience at our hotel. We do try to make it a good experience for everyone, but sometimes it does not happen.

This guest was at our hotel during the Manti pageant, when we are full every night for 8 days. She says that when they arrived they asked for a ground floor room and were not given one. The entire hotel had been reserved and by the time they checked in at 6:40 p.m. all ground floor rooms had already been assigned. We do our best to accommodate guests’ preferences on rooms, but sometimes with a full hotel it is not possible. In any event, we do have an elevator.

During the pageant, we tend to have lots of families with children staying in the rooms. That day we had around 150 guests in our 58-room hotel, and most came down for breakfast. Yes it was busy. We do all we can during these busy times, including setting up the conference room with extra tables and selections, and leaving breakfast open beyond the normal closing time. People love our waffles, and during pageant with 150 people eating breakfast, there will be some crowding.

After seeing this review, I personally checked the blankets and pillows in the room in question. The blankets were clean and fresh, and of the type used by almost every hotel I have visited in the United States—and definitely not “slimy”!. People have different preferences on pillows. The pillows on one bed in the room are quite firm and fluffy and on the other bed are flatter, giving the guest a choice.

On Saturday evening, our front desk clerk called me at home (I am the owner) and told me that a guest had complained the toilet was broken. I agree that toilets should work. Unfortunately, we cannot predict in advance when something might break. Our front desk person said she was going to go see if she could fix it. I asked her to call me back and let me know, and that I would come down if she could not fix it. I spoke to her again a few minutes later and she said the chain had come off and she was able to fix it and it was working properly.

The guest called our front desk again at about 12:30 that night, saying the toilet broke again. The front desk clerk called our manager at home, who told her how to fix it and offered to come in if necessary. The front desk clerk brought a pliers to clamp the chain so it would not come off again, and immediately went to the room. By the time she got there the guest said her husband already had fixed it.

I authorized a 10% discount for the guest because of the problem.

Again, we are sorry for the bad experience. We work hard to make sure that experiences like this are very rare.

Been to Willow Creek Inn? Share your experiences!