“Review of Powder Ridge Village”

Powder Ridge Village
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Eden
Congers, New York
“Review of Powder Ridge Village”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I traveled & stayed with my brothers & a friend. Skiing was excellent. Location of PRV is excellent. One staff member, Rebecca, is wonderful & professional. The rest are for the birds - they were nasty & rude. We had a 2 bedroom + sleeping loft & 3 baths (slept 9). It was large but filthy. I am not a clean freak but this was awful. It was a real turn off. Most of the "games" in the game room were broke or on their last legs, literally. I would go back to Powder Mt but not to Powder Ridge.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank RONICongers_NewYork

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Billerica, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

My wife and I spent a week here. This is a place for serious skiers. Units are nice but not fancy. Kitchen was well equipped. You are at the top of Powder Mountain with excellent Ski-in / Ski-out. Powder Mountain itself is simply fabulous. Lift tickets are $50 (vs $90 at deer valley), and the mountain is absolutely huge.

We skied every day early then hit the hot tub (in the main building) - then made dinner and relaxed. There is no onsite restaurant and you are 20 minutes from the nearest grocery store. But we don't love eating out anyway so this was perfect.

The ONLY thing I have to say negative: No internet access in the units :-( You have to go to the main building for wireless.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Keith P
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

We loved our stay at Powder Ridge. The skiing at Powder Mountain was amazing the week we were there. The condo was clean and spacious and was perfect to come back to after a day at the slopes. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. The pool was nice and the hot tub warm. Staff was friendly and prompt in attending to a minor issue we had with the electricity in one room going out. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily B
Vancouver,WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

What a beautiful place to visit for a day or two. My family stayed for a few more than that and we ran out of things to do. Not being from Utah, I did not realize that UEA (a 4 day holiday for kids from school) was a hunting holiday. Their went my blissful dreams for hiking my kiddos out among the colorful trees and nature. I was told to make sure we wore bright colors so we would not be shot (sounds comical now but at the time, with my four kids I was not amused) So we spent each morning at the indoor pool (nice but very loud and they are quite strict on where they feel what pool the kids should swim in) We would then spent the afternoon down in the town. I must have run through 2 $100 tanks of gas getting my huge Suburban up and down that mountain. The resort is really on the very tip top! I was sure at some point my breaks were going to give out but we are all alive and enjoyed our trip. Our favorite was finding a little pond (on the grounds so we wouldn't get shot!) down a small hike from the "Lodge". It would be a great place to fish but my boys did not bring poles. The scurried around and found some hooks, line and sinkers left behind by other fishermen and tied them onto branches and tried to get a fish. We could see them jumping just couldn't get them. There was also a rope swing that they had a blast on. This was a highlight!
The rooms are worn and not very up dated but super clean and the staff was friendly. If you are looking for a place to really get away from it all, this is it! Phones do NOT have coverage up this high and internet was only possible on good days int he lodge.
I am sure this would be an amazing location if you are a skier because we saw the lifts go right into the resort grounds. Maybe since we live in Utah now we should learn to ski!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VancouverCruiser
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was expecting the worse after reviewing this resort but was very pleasantly surprised. This far surpassed my expectations. The renovations make this a really great summer getaway. WE enjoyed the local hiking in the incredible Wasatch range and hiked to the mountain summit, a meer 10-15 min climb to the top of the ski resort. We gazed at the meteor showers under crystalline skies. THere are some good local hikes but few indulge in the magnificence of this area we found. We saw lots of wildlife and the raccoons and fox are pretty tame. It's very desolate which was appealing to us. The pool was great but overrun by kids so that was one negative. I suggested adult swim times. They are very kind and attentive to all of your needs. Yes, the road is STEEP but pretty neat! WE used this as a gateway portal to Tetons and Yellowstone and visited Salt Lake and Park City all within about an hour. All in all, we would recommend this spot if you love and appreciate alpine undisturbed beauty. A rarity and my hope is the spoiled yuppies wanting everything at their disposal don't spoil this rare gem of a unique getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank NewHampshirePeppie
Poquoson, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

Four of us guys from the east coast decided to do a ski vacation out west. I managed to trade my timeshare for a week at Powder Ridge Village. Check-in was scheduled for 4 pm. We called from Park City about 1:30 to ask when we might check in and they told us to come on up. That was the first of many pleasant moments at Powder Ridge Village (PRV).

Upon arrival (yes the road up the mountain is steep and yes 4WD is necessary) checkin was quick, efficient and EASY. We stayed in Valley View 5, a 2BR unit with a King size bed in the master bedroom, 2 twins and a trundle in the second bedroom and a queen sleep sofa in the living room. The master bath had a deep jacuzzi tub/shower combination. The layout of the second bedroom makes the use of the trundle bed extremely difficult. When extended, it occupies almost all of the space between the other two beds. It might be okay for 3 kids. We elected to sleep only 2 in this room, and the fourth guy took the hide-a-bed. . . at least he did the first night....after that he slept on the sofa itself. It seems that THIS hide-a-bed is like every OTHER hide-a-bed in the world and is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Not a problem for us since he could sleep on the sofa, but anyone counting on the hide-a-bed sleeping two, could have a problem.

The unit appeared to be in good shape and had all the necessary dishes/pots/utinsels, etc. We fixed most meals there, and while sometimes the EXACT tool you wanted might not be there, something that would do the job was.

What made this resort great was the access to the Powder Mountain slopes. While not EXACTLY ski-in/ski-out, it was pretty darn close. You could walk to the office and then through the tennis courts and you were on a green trail that led to the lodge and other trails. Coming in for lunch, or at the end of the day, depending on your unit, you could either reverse that process, or ski down the road to your unit.

The office building had an indoor pool, a family hot tub, a kiddie pool, and an adult hot tub that was a skiers delight. It had the most powerful jets spaced around it that I've ever seen. It was magic on those tired leg muscles at the end of a ski day. There was free wireless access in the office building only.

The MOST SPECIAL thing about PRV is the STAFF! Every single one of them went out of their way to do everything possible to assist us with any problem. They were wonderful!

This place is NOT an arrive-at-your-destination-and-let-the-staff-entertain-you resort. . . it is a SKI resort, and for that purpose it was WONDERFUL!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MusicMan_jp
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

There were only two items that I could say were good. The staff was very friendly and the view was beautiful.
The rooms were not kept up, need some major repair.
There was a critter in our room when we arrived
Doors would not lock
No handicap access or ammenities
There was No change of linen for an entire weeks stay and only offered one change in bath towels for the week.
Internet only availale at the lodge
The game room was a joke, most games did not work.
Pool was OK

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NewYorkTripn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
WorldMark Wolf Creek
Alaskan Inn
Alaskan Inn
#8 of 21 in Ogden
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden
Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Powder Ridge Village? Share your experiences!