“Great atmosphere, decent food, and close to the slopes.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Carlos & Harley's

Carlos & Harley's
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Eden
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Carlos and Harley's Fresh-Mex Cantina (C&H Fresh-Mex Cantina) started with a vision to bring amazing Tex-Mex food to the Ogden Valley (the OV). For years, satisfied customers, locals and tourists alike, have enjoyed this vision turned-reality. What is Tex-Mex? It is a term used to describe a regional American cuisine that blends food products available in the United States and the culinary creations of Mexican-Americans influence by the cuisines of Mexico. Tex-Mex cuisine originated hundreds of years ago when Spanish-Mexican recipes combined with Anglo fare. "Tex-Mex" first entered the English language as a nickname (an abbreviation) for the Texas Mexican Railway in Southern Texas in 1875. Why do we define our establishment as a "Fresh-Mex Cantina?" We pride ourselves in serving a complete Tex-Mex menu with only the freshest ingredients - all from scratch - nothing canned or frozen. It only makes sense for us to promote our "Fresh-Mex" concept as this separates us from the rest. If this is your first time to the "C&H Cantina," let me give you a glimpse into what you can expect. You will start off your dining experience with something truly unique - a trio of flavorful salsas, including our Fresh-Mex warm-style salsa (add some homemade guacamole). Then, try our house specialty, the sizzling fajitas, a selection from our fantastic assortment of entrees, or consider making your own plate. You really can't go wrong. To drink? Perhaps a signature margarita is in order. To add to your culinary experience, we have chosen a location that is as historic as our food. The Old Town General Store in Eden has been a fixture in the "OV" since the late 1800's. Built in 1890 by Elisha Wilbur, reportedly using woodworking techniques he learned from Brigham Young, the corner building opened as a general store and town post office on the ground floor and a dance hall upstairs. The 3-story house next door, also built by Wilbur, was fashioned after a model from the Chicago World's Fair of 1893. To add to the mystique of this unique location, legend has it that the ghost of Grandma Fuller still resides at "The Store." Don't worry, she only acts out if we don't provide great service. The General store has changed ownership many times over the years. As the current stewards of The General Store, our goal is to provide killer food in a fun atmosphere, all the while celebrating the history of this landmark. Take a moment to appreciate some of the antiques that adorn the interior or head outside, if the weather permits, to enjoy our awesome patio.
Windham, New Hampshire
“Great atmosphere, decent food, and close to the slopes.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had dinner here after a day of skiing at Snowbasin and it was pretty good. No waiting and the service was good. My burrito was just ok, but I wouldn't hesitate to come back and eat again. The guacamole and chips and salsa were great, as was the beer. In fact, when we come back in March we will probably eat here again.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mike S

Layton
“Great food , great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Worth the trip to Eden the food and service is great. You also can not beat the drive beautiful this time of year. They also have alcohol for those that enjoy A beer , wine or mixed drink

• Visited May 2013
15 Thank James B
Kaysville, Utah
“Delicious mexican fare in a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Harley & Buck's original location is a great drive any time - nice mountain scenery on the way and delicious food and friendly service has always made this a great place to grab a bite!

Visited June 2012
11 Thank VJBriggs
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Carlos and Harley's is very good. We ate there twice during our recent weeklong ski trip to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain. We really enjoyed both meals and will return on our next trip.

• Visited March 2013
11 Thank ParryFour
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Put Mexican Food And Some Creativity Together And You Have A Great Dinning Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Having lived in New Mexico for 20 years, I know Mexican and New Mexican food pretty well and do a lot of cooking with those foods. And yes, there are differences. Some of my recipes can be found on the internet, and I know good Mexican food when I find it. So having dinner here was a great experience and a pleasant surprise. They are under new owners and management, so the creativity has been released and you can taste it in the food. To start with, they have a list of beers as long as your arm which are both domestic, imported and micro-brewery beers both bottled and on tap. That is reason enough for you to visit this great restaurant. And yes, they do have wines and other liquor, but for me, most Mexican food pairs well with the right beers, more so than wine, but to each their own. When you ski 40,000 to 50,000 vertical feet a day you need to rehydrate properly and eat a good meal so you can do it again the following day.

I started with an appetizer that was really different and bursting with flavor. It was a stuffed Chile wrapped in bacon and roasted. It was outstanding. Many people come in and order a plate of them for dinner. I would have to call them short timers. I was washing it all down with pints of Harley's Hefe which was a good match to the meal. The entrée I ordered was the Mega Burrito stuffed with shredded beef and beans and was served refried beans, Spanish rice and lettuce. Instead of the standard green enchilada sauce I had it smothered in green Chile Stew with pork and cheese. Ah, I finally reached heaven. Mega is a slight understatement, as the burrito is really large, but very delicious. I really liked the way my burrito was smothered, it was a nice touch I'd never seen offered before. OK, I'll admit I ordered a desert even though I knew I couldn't finish it. I ordered a Flan that was served in a martini glass and topped with a little wiped cream. Yes, I was in heaven.

This great little restaurant is located in an old historic building that lends a nice atmosphere to the place. You won't find a better place to eat in the valley, or just rehydrate properly and relax with some friends. I have to go back because there are some beers I still have to try that they offer and I haven't seen them offered anywhere else. The service was great.

Visited March 2013
12 Thank JerryQuill

Been to Carlos & Harley's? Share your experiences!