“100% better than Golden Corral”
Review of Chuck-A-Rama

Chuck-A-Rama
Ranked #34 of 146 Restaurants in Draper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

If you like buffets, this place is legit. I feel like they try to make every dish taste good and seem to be for the most part, homemade from scratch. I don't get how some of the reviews say there isn't a big selection. Seems like there is more than enough things to try. I recommend this place

1  Thank showmetheyummy

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very limited choices for a buffet. It's obviously popular with the locals as it was packed on a weeknight. Food quality was spotty with some items being very good, and some pretty bad. Service, given the crowd, was good. If you want a buffet you can do better.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My two boys (ages 5 & 9) love to go to Chuck-A-Rama because they get food immediately, they choose what they want, if they don't like something they can get something different, and they always get dessert (ice cream).

My husband is not a big fan. He said they never have enough choices for him. I'm a picky eater and I usually have the same thing so I don't mind it. I love their wheat rolls and salad. Every day they have a different "theme". It seems like any day we go they have mac and cheese, pizza, and fries for the kids (if they don't like anything else).

The special menu selections are: Home Cookin' on Sunday, International Flavors on Monday, Chinese on Tuesday, A Taste of Chuck Wagon on Wednesday, Mexican on Thursday, Family Feast on Friday, and Italian on Saturday.

We try not to go at the usual busy times because it can get very crowded. We've been at times when they haven't had enough clean forks or plates so you have to wait. We've also been at times where it feels like we are the only ones there. It's a good place to go if you have a large group because they can move tables around to accommodate everyone. It's also perfect for our small family of 4.

They are open from 11:00 - 9:00 Monday to Saturday and 11:00 - 8:00 on Sundays.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

As buffet's go this was the pit. Poor selection, nice salad bar, crowded, out of things. bussing was slow. lot's of kids. It had the number 3 review from mapquest. right behind in and out and burger king. # out of 57?
I guess 4 to 57 will kill you. Go to in and out

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Chuck-A-Rama doesn't pretend to be fine dining but it offers a better and more modern alternative to cafeteria style restaurants. The price is very reasonable and the variety quite extensive. If anything stands out as excellent it would be the cinnamon rolls and fresh breads. Nothing is gourmet but the quality is very good and the choices offer something for everyone. It certainly offers a lot of healthy choices for those of us trying to move away from fast food. Unfortunately the desert selection is too extensive to pass up to stick with only the healthy choices. My only complaint would be that the German chocolate cake is not German chocolate but a very dark chocolate cake with the typical German chocolate icing. Not bad but a poor substitute for real German chocolate cake. The carrot cake however was very good. So much for the healthy choices!