“Love the challenge”

South Mountain Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Stretching more than 7,080 yards and surrounded by pristine mountain scenery, this 18-hole, par-72 golf course offers a challenging round for players of all skill levels.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is one of the few courses in Utah that play like good courses outside of Utah. The views are spectacular!! Especially in the fall.

It defines a mountain course. Make sure you play the correct tee box according to handicap otherwise it is very challenging. I prefer level ground or uphill lies to hit from so I've found, as a right handed player, that playing the right side of the fairway gave me more confident aproach shots into the fast and true greens because the fairways "funnel" on bothsides.

The food is good and the play wasnt slow.

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This course advertises: "Stretching more than 7,080 yards and surrounded by pristine mountain scenery, this 18-hole, par-72 golf course offers a challenging round for players of all skill levels."
While this is true, what we found was obnoxious kids running the golf shop with very little training, poor green conditions and very slow play with no marshalls on the course. The club house staff put a group of six in front of us with 2 adults and four small kids. This group was beginners and did not seem to know about "playing through" and a course marshall could have facilitated this. When we ask in the club house afterwards if it was normal course policy to send out sixsomes, we were told if we did not like it, we did not have to come back. Well, we won't. Salt Lake County tax dollars at work????

2  Thank Bigredmachine
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I booked a tee time at this course not knowing what to expect. This course was exceptional. I booked a tee time at noon, on a Saturday, for $40. You can't beat that. I wish I could pick this course up and take it back to Ohio with me. From the moment we arrived it was great. The views were amazing, the property was amiazing, the course was well maintained, the greens were perfect. Make sure you get there an hour before your tee time to take in the view. Get a bucket of balls and head down the hill to the range to warm up. They have a nice range with distance markers, a large chipping area, and a seperate large putting green. This course is a challenge. We played from the black tees I believe were around 6600 yards. If I can give one work of adive it is to keep in the fairways, get a good yardage to the wide part of the fairway or green, and make sure you hit that spot. I am an average golfer, first time playing this course, with my GPS I shot an 81 with 4 birdies. If you hit your yardages, you will be rewarded. Great course and facilities.