“Horrendous food”

Planet Play & Buffet
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a fun place for the kids to play. They also have a food buffet which is very poor. Don't eat here.

3  Thank flyingcolonel

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for Planet Play last Saturday. That afternoon, I loaded my kids up and we headed off for an afternoon of fun. What we got was a 4 hour lukewarm experience.

We had purchase 2 hours of Unlimited Attractions. So while my older son stood in line at Laser Tag, I took the 2 younger ones to Bumper Cars - where my 5 year old was barely tall enough to ride. The high school attendant swiped our cards while we were waiting in line, thus beginning our 2 hour countdown. We had to wait nearly 15 minutes to even get on the ride. 3 of the 4 cars were working. My kids loved that ride. The attendant spent her time staring into the crowd, popping her gum and appearing very disinterested in being there.

We then went into laser tag. The young man working there was pleasant and seemed to enjoy his job. He was the best employee we encountered!

We went over to Go Karts - my kids are too short to ride and my son is to young to take one as a passenger, so we skipped this one.

As our 2 hours ran down, we turned our attention to the arcade games. One by one, games started to say "out of order" as the computer went down. We waited another 15 minutes for the computer to come back up.

The food on the buffet was surprisingly yummy - well, what food there was. There were no baked potatoes, no nacho chips, one pizza at a time (maybe 2) and those were snatched as soon as they were put down. The pasta was good but the meat sauce pan looked like it had been empty for 30 minutes (the remaining sauce was dried and crusty). For 20 minutes, we had to wait for forks and cups.

There did not seem to be one adult working there. The only employees I saw were high school kids. I likened it to a high school class where the teacher had left them alone. They just did what they could.

I don't know that I'll go back. It wasn't the worst experience, but it sure wasn't a good experience.

2  Thank MommaMach
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A nice little place to take young kids. I have a 3 and a five year old and they love this place. We take them to ride in the cars and they also recently tried the laser tag and 20 years later its still a fun game to play

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We received a gift card to this restaurant, so we were not paying out of pocket. The buffet costs about $9, and the cheapest games package adds about $4 to that. In general, you can find food of this variety and quality for a couple dollars cheaper at places without the game atmosphere.

For the most part, the food was ok. It wasn't high-end, but I'm not a food snob. However, the service in the restaurant was severely lacking. When we walked in, there was only one family in front of us. It took them about ten minutes to process that family as a line built behind them. In the meantime, several employees walked by, but did not staff the second register to help things move along.

Once we got in and got settled we went to get our food. The first two stations were completely out of forks and spoons. The third station had some. A half hour later all stations were out of forks and spoons. I told a worker that they were out, but ten minutes later, there still were none, so I gave up on that aspect. Later the drink station was all out of cups, but those were refilled the next time I tried to get a drink.

I also went to the customer service desk to see the balances on our games cards. No one ever came to help me, so I was left to wonder. When we got to the arcade area, I asked the attendant and I did get an answer. It turned out that they shorted us two attraction credits on each card.

The arcade and games area was decent. The lights and noise aren't really my cup of tea, but the kids had fun. Laser tag was fun. It wasn't too crowded. There was also a very polite and positive employee in the go-karts, which was refreshing.

So overall, it was ok to go for free. Given the shortcomings noted above, I don't think I would pay to go there. I think there are better values and service options. But maybe we just caught the place on an off night. So if your family enjoys these kinds of venues maybe your experience will be different.

3  Thank jaredpk
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Took the kids there last weekend and was scared! The food selection was poor and what was there looked like it had been sitting out for hours! The floors looked like they hadn't been mopped in weeks! Disgusting!!! I waited all weekend wondering when the food borne illness would hit - luckily it never did!

The arcade area was ok. Several games were broken or closed down all together. Laser Tag was fun.

The employees did not look like they cared about anything - not friendly or motivated. They acted like they hated their jobs.

Sad to see this place go downhill. We have been here a few times in the past and it was fun. Especially when it first opened and was called "Incredible Pizza". It used to be a great place to take the kids and enjoy some decent food - but no longer!!

2  Thank aprilaw