“Good Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Draper
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Draper
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here for two weeks and was very happy with everything. Convenient location for commuting to Lehi (20minutes away). Also has a large choice of eating out places within walking distance or short drive. Staff were always polite and friendly. Rooms were a good size and always cleaned properly. Bed very comfortable. Never heard any noise from adjoining rooms. I was on 4th floor so nothing above. Maybe ask for a top floor if you need quiet. WiFi was ok and reliable. I didn't use the free breakfast service but it looked ok. I used the pool and indoor hot tub which were good after a hard day at work. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would happily stay again if back in area.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Draper

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The location was convenient for my business needs. Also close to grocery store and numerous restaurants. Outdoor water park is right next door for those who are interested. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've encountered in my travels. Hotel staff is friendly and responsive. Free breakfast buffet in the morning has diverse enough offerings to meet all appetites. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are away from an outdoor water park, which is right next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here 5/15/14 for one night. Everything was much like my other Marriott SpringHill stays; nothing bad but nothing exceptional. Everything was clean.
The front desk woman didn't know where I could get a Utah t-shirt which I found a little odd, but I managed to find what I wanted at (of all places) Walmart.
There was one plus... they had plenty of staff attending to the breakfast food; significantly more than the last SpringHill we stayed at. Not only were they on top of all replenishment, they were more than happy at 3 minutes before it ended to get something that was low or just taken away and all with a smile. ( That was NOT the case with my last SH stay in the Poconos were we waited 30 minutes PAST the breakfast time for something that they had promised 15 minutes BEFORE breakfast had even ended. )
Gym was nice, three treadmills, one elliptical, a decent selection of free weights and a bench.
I did leave one comment on my comment card that I thought the gym could use just one floor mat so you didn't have to lay on the floor to stretch or do some abs.
It was more expensive than the Fairfield, but the reviews were better for SH. I have to return in a few weeks, so I might try them out to see if the price difference is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent 2 nights here with our 3 kids. Best thing about this hotel is the complimentary breakfast! They have a great variety of choices and everyone was happy. The hotel was central to the activities we were doing and being right off the freeway made it easy to find. The hotel has a great modern look to it with fun colors. Only thing I'm marking it down on sleep quality for is the wool mattress cover. It was too hot for me to sleep on, but it didn't seem to bother anyone else in the family. Other than that, we love this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We selected this hotel for its cost and location over a holiday weekend. The rooms/rentals at Alta and Snowbird were three times more expensive. We were able to reach world class skiing conditions in just a short drive. At the end of the day there were many more dining and shopping options.

The hotel and the surrounding area appear to be new. The staff was helpful with recommendations for convenient restaurants and shopping. There is even a movie theater within walking distance of the hotel. Our room was clean. What it lacked in view (overlooked the roof of another hotel with some snowy mountains in the distance) it made up for in quiet. The shower had jets for your lower back - great after a day of skiing! The bed was comfortable. There were several large families staying at the hotel but the staff kept the halls free of pool water and breakfast area stocked. We would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Newer hotel, easy access to highway, clean, bright, modern. My only complaint is that its right next to I-15 (as are most of the hotels in SLC) but its tight so the noise does not deeply penetrate even the rooms at the west end of hotel - right next to highway. Staff is friendly, nice lobby, breakfast is pretty standard though they did keep the fresh fruit coming. There is an amusement park right next door so keep that in mind if booking business travel.

Room Tip: All good, all about the same, I've stayed here numerous times all over hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed the weekend of January 24th-26th. This is a great hotel, with easy access from the freeway. The property faces the freeway, but the rooms don't, so you don't get any excessive noise. The pool area was small, but clean. The breakfast was included waffles, eggs, a breakfast meat, pastries, breads and yogurt. Our first morning breakfast was much better than the second. On Sunday morning they were out of eggs and meat when we first arrived and the waffle batter dispenser was jammed up. The room had a nice sitting area with a couch that was actually comfortable. The bathroom was very modern, with a sliding door instead of one that opened into the room. The shower has jets that hit you in the back, which was really nice too. There was, however, no tub in the room we were in. That might be a problem if people are staying with small children. There was a problem with the sliding door into the bathroom, which we addressed with management and I hope it's been fixed. The casing around the door wasn't attached very well and was actually coming off the wall. A good tug or bump and it would have come right off. It's a potential hazard, not to mention unsightly. I took photos which I can't seem to post, but hopefully this is something they've already taken care of.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Draper
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Draper
Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Draper
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 6 in Draper
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT

Been to SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Draper? Share your experiences!