“Ok place if your avoiding Salt Lake City”

Best Western Holiday Hills
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coalville
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The hotel is modern and comfortable (not such a nice bed) and I really liked the free breakfast options. The bed was a bit hard and you really feel like an outsider in this small town. All the staff was courteous but not friendly. I'd stay here again just to avoid Salt Lake City but there really isn't much to do or even eat if you get hungry. But a safer and inexpensive option compared to other nearby communities.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I would say this was one of the best experiences we have had in all of our many travels. The desk clerk "Joy" was the nicest, most helpful, courteous employee at Best Western that I have ever encountered. The room was very nice, bed, wonderful, we were upgraded due to our platinum status rewards, thanks to Joy and she answered all our questions and even called the service center for us. I would stay here again in a minute. Great room, great breakfast, great people.......

2  Thank Wysnowbird
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. It was a great place to stop and rest overnight. They recommended a great restaurant for dinner and had a wonderful free continental breakfast in the morning. The rooms were very nice with everything from coffee pot to hair dryer and free wi-fi. Very reasonable price and very comfortable.

1  Thank horsemamaFL
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The night we arrived there had been significant flooding in the SLC area and although there was standing water in certain portions of the parking area we did not have trouble getting around. From reading other TripAdvisor comments I knew to request a room on the West side of the building away from the noise of I-80 traffic. Room was comfortable and the bathroom was sparkling. The building was quiet and we had a restful night. Pets are welcome and there is a small extra charge. Breakfast was the item of biggest dissappointment. They were out of regular sugar and the selection of items was not large enough to suit us at the time we hit the breakfast line.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Went to Utah for the sundance film festival and to visit friends! This hotel was great for the priceand is pet friendly! Coalville is a tiny town in Utah about 45 mins from Salt lake city and 35 Minutes to Park City and literally consists of a gas station, the hotel, a motel, tiny groecery store, two little sandwich places a state liquor store and another gas station. That being said, all the people who worked in these places were very nice and friendly! The hotel is directly off the highway and the drive to salt lake and park city is an easy one, there never seems to be traffic (it gets pitch black at night and the roads are very windey and if it snows be careful!). The hotel is small somewhat outdated but clean and rooms generally have two beds, mini fridge, table and chairs, with a shower/toliet separate from the sink. They also have laundry, a fitness center and free internet. Continental Breakfast includes your standard bagels, coffee, juice, ceral, eggs, sasuage and Biscuts and gravy. The pool is indoor and 24 hours! We stayed on the first floor cause we had a dog with us and were loud and had music playing and swam at 2:30 in the morning. Staff was very friendly and eager to help with anything we need and we never received any complaints except when the dog was barking lol This is not a spa so if you expect to go skiing then get a massage and a mani pedi in your room this is def not the place for you! but if you are looking for average accomidations with small town charm and demeanor at an affordable price then this is your place!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank tweeter826919
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My experience at this hotel started badly when I went to the front desk to ask about getting a room (I had called earlier and was told there were enough rooms that there was no need to make a reservation). The rate online was $68 a night, but I was only offered $79 or $72 with AAA. I asked if I could get the internet rate and was told no, it was only if I booked online. I said that's fine, I'll just keep driving to Evanston then. I realized I didn't really want to do that, and I asked if she was really going to make me go out to my car to book the room online. She ROLLED HER EYES and said she would see what she could do. It's one thing for it to be policy to not offer a lower rate, but it's another to be rude about it. She offered the "manager's rate" which was the same price. For the rest of the check-in process, I was treated coldly and never told thank you. There was a $15 pet fee in addition to the room rate. I will never understand why there would be a pet fee. I understand a pet deposit, but a dog makes no extra cost for the hotel as long as it is behaved. This seems pretty standard, so I don't fault the hotel for this. I also don't give the hotel a lower rating for the experience with a bad front desk clerk as hopefully the rest of the staff isn't as rude as she is.

The hotel only gets a three out of five for me because it was just adequate. It was clean, but the faucets (sink and shower) were installed backward (cold/hot backward), the fan cover was coming off, the shower head was loose and the thermostat in the heater was broken so it only had on and off as an option which meant it got very hot in the middle of the night.

Overall, I'd stay here again if Coalville was where I had to stay (there aren't any other options afterall) but I wouldn't recommend it if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Best Western was a much better value than the options in Park City or Evanston. I found the hotel to have much nicer decor and be much cleaner than others in this price range, and on top of that there is a complimentary hot breakfast. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub after a long day on the road. I was traveling with pets and the hotel was very fair on their pet fees. If you want to get out for a walk or run, there is a great trail on the other side of the freeway. All in all, this was one of the most enjoyable and comfortable nights we had on our trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coalville
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House
Hyatt Place Park City
Hyatt Place Park City
#5 of 60 in Park City
University Guest House & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Holiday Hills? Share your experiences!