“Good Sushi, price is ok.”
Review of Sushi Ya

Sushi Ya
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Clearfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Saturday 30 July at 11:30 AM.
As another reviewer noted, there were still a few tables with stacked dishes, the floor was being swept from the night before, and there were some hand prints on the glass door. It looks like when it is quitting time, the workers are chased out, to do the remaining clean up the next morning. The amount of cleaning left probably depends on how late customers sit at the tables.

Two waitresses, both very friendly and helpful. First order took about 15 minutes, three rolls and eight orders of nigiri (two per order). Most of the items were tasty, although the tuna was kind of bland compared to some I had at another place on Thursday. Second order was four nigiri and two rolls, one off of the dinner menu, took about 10 minutes and there were now two other couples and a party of 14 seated. Looked like three sushi chefs in action and one appeared to be the owner/manager

I have had better, but I also paid more. Had to pay for the full dinner, no lunch price on Saturday. For two people I paid $40.74 at the dinner prices, not really a great price since the extra menu items are not (to us) worth the extra cost. Unless you really like the sauces and other stuff on the additional dinner menu like some friends of mine, lunch is the best deal.

Recommendation - do not go at opening time, wait for 30 minutes while they clean up from the night before, and do lunch. Oh, and go hungry :)

I marked the atmosphere as three dots, if I had been there after the clean up I might have gone four dots. Food was marked four dots, I have had better, but I have also had much worse. Value was marked at four dots, if I had done lunch it would have been all five dots.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I've been reading many reviews of Sushi Ya and I can't understand the bad reviews. I love sushi and this place is GREAT ! The staff are VERY attentive, my wife and I have never been kept waiting long for our food (remember people this food is prepared uniquely and individually). The quality of fish is TOP NOTCH ! I always leave a big tip because I think its worth it, my wife and I are regular customers. If you like sushi you've got to try this place, its so affordable at $19 for all you can eat I don't know how they stay in business, anybody who doesn't like this restaurant should have there head examined. Just GO !!!

1  Thank Robberlost
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This may seem a little odd to give a poor rating yet recommend the place; the only reason I am giving this restaurant a poor rating is because both of the only two times I have been there when it opens for lunch, the place is a mess. Both times it looked like there had been a huge party the night before and nothing had been cleaned up. There were plates with food leftover on almost every table, the crew was scrambling to get things cleaned up and you could tell they were upset with the situation. The first time this happened I thought it may have been a miscommunication with the staff as the restaurant had just recently opened, but to have the very same thing happen the second visit is inexcusable; if I were a rat I know where I would live and invite all my friends.
Despite this, the food was very good both times and that is why I would recommend them to a friend.

Reviewed May 15, 2010

Took my family there and had a great experience. We tried all kinds of rolls, the quality of fish was impressive for Utah. Can't wait to go again. Great service, good times.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

By far the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to. We loved the food, the staff, and the atmosphere!

1  Thank Thomasmem