“Damn that was Good”

Manuel's El Burrito Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Clearfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on an extremely busy night (there was even a party of 35), yet our party of 2 was seated quickly and courteously. Ordered Chile rellenos and a taco platter; all were good. The salsa served with the chips was outstanding. The shredded beef in the tacos was flavorful and delicious, the rice and beans tasty. Hubby says the chile rellenos was quite tasty, not the best he's had but not bad at all. The only fault we could find is the plastic mug the beer was served in. Altogether a good experience, we'll come back again next time we're in town.

2  Thank Susan W

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We go here quite often- the $2.99 margaritas are great! Food is good- new menu the last time.
Disappointed to be charged for second basket of chips. ( guess this is stated on the new menu) Relaxed place. Will still continue to stop in for dinner now and then.

2  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed April 15, 2014

People who eat there a lot (and many do) like Americanized Mexican food. It is a bland meal but a nice homey atmosphere. I won't eat there again, but many people like it.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I always strive to support local restaurants and Manuel's El Burrito always has a good meal available - and a diverse enough menu that it isn't your everyday Mexican restaurant with just a few options. I love their enchilada bar and menudo. The margaritas are tasty also. I am not super impressed with the American style appetizers and found the chicken wings overcooked. The service is friendly and solid and the kids always have a good time. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank dalessiopietro
Reviewed March 4, 2014

In their defense, it was a very busy night. We were told it would be a 20 minute wait and waited closer to 40 before we were seated, understandable. Then we waited another 10 minutes before our server came. It was my daughter's 6th birthday and when I asked if they did anything to celebrate birthdays our server said no. We were kind of sad, but if that's the policy what can we do. We ordered and waited for our food, drinks were mixed up but we blew it off. Finally 4 of our 7 meals came. One came that we didn't order so I sent it back. Two that were missing were my girls, including the birthday girl. Finally after I said something one adult meal and one child's meal came missing the rice, which they had run out of by then. I asked about the other meal and she blamed me saying I had cancelled it, which I never did. They had brought a different meal, but I didn't cancel what I had ordered. Finally everyone had food and imagine our surprise when several servers came out with a sombrero and ice cream to sing to another girl in the restaurant. We all sat there shocked! When our server came back I asked about it and she said, "Well, I thought you wanted a free cake or something." We were all puzzled at this, but they finally came and sang to my daughter and let her wear the hat.
When I went to pay my daughter said something about next time we came, and I said, I don't think there will be a next time. I guess the cashier heard me so when it was our turn to pay she asked how things were and I told her. She gave me a coupon for $5.00 and told me "If you ever come back you can use this." I couldn't believe it! Needless to say I left the coupon on the table because I don't think we will ever visit this establishment again, which is a shame, because I had heard good things about it.

2  Thank 4kidsandcrazy