We came to visit our son and his family and we were worn out from a long drive from CA. When we were checking in, we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite room due to a mix up with our reservation. We were very pleased with the room, the bed was decent, & it was less than a mile from our son so location was excellent. We did have some issues though...
1) We couldn't get the cable to work & the desk clerk was makung a poor attempt trying to troubleshoot over the phone. It was not busy and we couldn't get her to come to the room to help. Finally, my husband fixed it himself.
2) We asked the desk clerk for some suggestions for dinner that was near the hotel besides fast food. She gave us some vague directions to the mall but didn't even tell us what was there or suggest a place.
3) The room next door to us and the room directly across were together. The one next door were the grandparents and an adult male and the one across was a female with several small chldren. The kids went back and forth across the hall, talking loud or crying & every time the doors would slam. This went on until 2:30 am and started up again at 6:30 am! We called the front desk, got no answer, so we asked the the family to keep it down. That didn't work. I went out to my car and saw the desk clerk putting several bags filled with toilet paper & Kleenex, etc into her vehicle. She couldn't answer the phone because she was too busy stealing from the hotel.
4) The breakfast was ok. Had to ask several times to have the items replenished.
5) The biggest problem was when I went to check out & was asked how I enjoyed my stay, I told the morning desk clerk all of the issues and the hotel manager was sitting in the front office and heard our conversation. I know he did because he looked up & it was obvious that he could hear what I was saying. That upset me even more because he should have apologized & assured me that he would address my complaints. That was the worst manager ever.
We definitely will not be staying at this hotel again.
** To eat, go to "Wingers", which is across and down the street. They have the most delicious "sticky fingers". To die for.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Clearfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clearfield Days Inn
- Days Inn Clearfield Utah