“Tipi adventure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryce
Ruby's Inn Campground and RV Park
Reviewed August 29, 2013

During our trip we camped mostly, but for this one night at Bryce just didn't make sense to set up whole camp, so we decided go for a tipi. The rain was coming so we asked the man at the check-in if we should switch for a cabin. He said we are going to be just fine, and if it will rain hard we can get a bucket and put in the center of a tipi, so the rain would drop into it.

The tent was big with nice door at the entrance, but it was located right on the road, so we could hear the cars at night ( I have no clue who was driving and where in the middle of the night). The free wi-fi didn't reach our tipi, but the worse was about to come... it was raining at night, but it wasn't too bad. Around 4 am it started pouring down, we moved our mats and sleeping beds as close to the wall as we could, and we tried to sleep. Soon it started dripping all over the place, not just in the center, the rain was leaking along the wooden beams and driping everywhere. Around 5, I was still awake and pissed, it was cold, maybe 50F, so I didn't get my sleeping bag wet. We moved to the car and squeezed waited till 6 am...

It was an uncomfortable night and lost 42 bucks. My overall rating doesn't show how bad was it. I had to give place a justice considering very nice bathrooms they have. Clean, warm and nicely done. Nothing over the top, but very reasonable for a campsite. No limits of hot water. Bathrooms were also available with a fee for people who didn't stay at the campsite.

So if its raining, don't take a tipi, take a cabin or stay in the car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tlent
Cary D, Manager at Ruby's Inn Campground and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Tient,

So sorry to hear about your water-logged night in the Tipi! Under normal rain conditions the Tipis hold up well, but if there is a crazy down pour, such as the one you described, the Tipis can get wet. I do apologize for your experience though and I would be happy to give you a free night if you come back to visit us. Glad you had a time otherwise and were able to experience the wonders of Bryce Canyon Country.

Cary Deccio, Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very large RV camp just outside of the Park – they sell park passes etc at the RV site. No discounts are offered (Good Sam, Serving Forces etc) and so all campers pay what is a high fee for an RV camp and at least twice that of a camp site in the park (if there is one free). Roads around the RV park are tarmac and lead to gravel sites between trees – ours was a very tight fit at a difficult angle and sites seemed to be closer together than I have experienced elsewhere in a forest setting. Free WIFI is offered but the speed was very slow, and it hardly worked during peak evening hours - I suspect if the park were to be full, it would be unusable most of the day. Washing and drying costs $3.75 and there are plenty of machines and they work well. There is a heating swimming pool and other things for children to do. There is an ATM with a fee of just over $2. The camp store is reasonably large and contains most of what you might want and some things not seen in more general stores. Check-in was business like. There is some noise from the nearby road but little at night. I cannot think of a reason as to why you should not stay here – it does what an RV camp should do.

Room Tip: check on the actual size of you allocated site before you accept it, some are smaller than you might...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary D, Manager at Ruby's Inn Campground and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your feedback and comments. You are correct - our rates are higher than the National Park camp sites. Part of this is because those sites are subsidized by our tax dollars and part of it is because our sites are full hook up and we have many amenities the park doesn't enjoy, such as a pool and hot tub. Each year I do an extensive rate comparison and review to make sure that we are in line with rates at similar properties. We are not the highest and not the lowest - which is where I want to be, compared to similar properties in gateway communities at places such as The Grand Canyon, Sedona, Zion National Park, Durango Colorado, and Moab. Of course it is up to you, the consumer, to decide if the rates we are charging are too high or if you are receiving "value" for your dollar. I believe in our product and I believe that our guests do receive "value" for the money they spend.

We have constantly upgraded our Wi-Fi system over the last three years. It is still a developing technology and there are certain "obstacles" in a campground that you won't find in a hotel, for example. We will continue to upgrade and improve our Wi-Fi capabilities for our guests. I know that is an important service for travelers at this time.

Thank you again for your feedback and please come back again!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at Ruby's Inn before but used their RV & Campground for the first time on this trip. They of course have RV sites with hook ups and also have small rental cabins. Check their website for those fees. We camped this time and couldn't be happier. Price was $30 for the one night. This time of year there were plenty of sites to pick from.
Very convienent and close to the Bryce National Park entrance. What we appreciated most was the cleanliness and condition of the restrooms and shower rooms. Bring your own towel and shower supplies. There is also a laundry and a pool. So it has a lot going for it. Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Road Bob,

I really liked reading your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. We take great pride in our product and want to pass that on to our guests. I believe we have one of the finest campgrounds I have visited and you can't beat our amenities and location. Thanks again and best wishes.

Cheers!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've camped in Bryce national park but this was the first time at Ruby's. We were in tipi #10. It was nice and away from other campers. (There is a group of tipis but this one was in a different part of the campground by itself). My only minor complaint is that other campers were curious and would wander down the long gravel road into our site. Perhaps they thought it was a campground attraction (like the gazebo directly behind it) and not someone's site. It would be great if the owners could post a sign at the end of the gravel driveway, something about respecting privacy. There's a door with 1 tie so people can easily peek in. Nothing was moved or taken so it seems people were just curious.

The kids really enjoyed it! I noticed in other reviews people commented on the lack of cleanliness and/or bugs. I'm wondering if the people who wrote the reviews were expecting more of a hotel than a campsite. Anyone who has camped should expect a small amount of dirt and bugs. We literally saw 3 small spiders in the tipi in the two nights we were there. Not bad! I'd stay there again. You have access to both indoor and outdoor pools. The showers were clean.

Room Tip: If you stay in a tipi, pick #10.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Geo Girl,

Thank you for staying with us last summer and thank you for posting a review! So glad you enjoyed the tipis and the kids had fun. I will certainly follow your suggestion and make sure we emphasize "privacy" to our guests. We don't have too many incidents, but some people just need to understand boundaries. Thanks again and come back to visit us in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is huge but we didn't have to wait long for service. Our room was clean and the bed was fine. We chose to use the grocery store and ate salads in the room. Nice choice if you want to visit Bryce.

• Stayed: July 2013

I will forward your review to the Hotel Manager at Ruby's Inn. Thank you for your input and for placing a review online.

Cary Deccio, Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here in july 2013 for just 1 night, we had a 30' RV. What a great place, the RV pull throughs were well spaced and there was a firepit and picnic bench. The staff in the registration office were very friendly and helpful. Toilets and showers were ok (its people who are dirty and leave a mess!!)wifi was alittle dodgy but as I later found out this was to be the case at most other campsites .....would I come back here....YES

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mungomini
Cary D, Manager at Ruby's Inn Campground and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Happy Camper,

What a great review! Very descriptive and expressive. I appreciate your endorsement and I'm glad you had a good experience while staying with us. Please come back again and say "Hello."

Cheers!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The site is clean and well maintained with a number of eateries nearby. It is also just outside the Bryce Canyon park. Wifi weak to no good.
.................................................................................

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We do our best so that guests will have fun. We have lots of great activities and amenities here, including the Bryce Canyon shuttle stop. Having the shuttle right on site sure makes it easy for guests to access the National Park. I hope you were able to check out the Bar G wranglers at Ebenezer's Barn and Grill. It'a a fantastic dinner show with Wester music.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
#3 of 14 in Panguitch
Grand Staircase Inn
Grand Staircase Inn
#1 of 1 in Cannonville

Been to Ruby's Inn Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!