“SCARY! DIRTY!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bryce
Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having traveled out west a few times now, I am aware that "motels" do not offer what you would typically get in a hotel. This Motel was at the lowest end of anything I could have imagined.
First room we were given had a small frig and microwave. No remote control. The air conditioner had no guts in it, so just threw out little air from the fan only. We went back to the greasy restaurant where the office is located, and they gave us a second room. This room was worse than the first. This one had a TV that had to be at least 25 years old. Of course no remote control. The window would not close, leaving a gap of about 3 inches , so could not lock the window. There was a huge hole in the screen. Needless to say I did not feel very secure in the room. Room was so dark inside you could not really see if it was clean. It reeked of Febreeze I and had a hard time even breathing in room and out in hall also. The door was not locked very tight and anyone could have just pushed the door open.
We told the hotel management that the room was not acceptable and that we would not be staying there.They assured us that the charge would be taken off our card, but as of today it is still on there. It has been 10 days. Stay away from this Motel, You will leave this place feeling dirty and afraid for your life. Just ruined out whole day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stay in this motel when we were visiting the Bryce canyon. We chose this motel since the motels in town are full. When I book the reservation, they charged me some money for deposit and said this amount of money will be deducted from the total amount of money when I check in. But those cheaters they didn't, of course. I didn't notice that when we were checking in, because everybody was tired after a full-day-driving. So they charge me as same amount as deposit twice. I found that issue a weak later, while calculating the final cost of the trip. Then I called them and told them the mistake they made. However, they just said that they don't understand me, and hand up the phone, right away. I tried to call back, but never went through, again. I write them a E-mail and attached my bank account details to prove it. And them never reply. I will never, ever, be in this motel, again! It makes me sick!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kyle W
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at Fosters for 3 nights. Pros: Close to the National Park - just 5 minutes from the park entrance, there is a restaurant and a grocery/bakery, the room had 2 beds with clean sheets and a TV, rate was $75/night, hot water in the shower. Cons: the room was dark, poor lighting, felt like any 14 year old could break in via the window or the door. No tissues, no hairdryer, not enough towels, no clocks of any sort, very tired, rundown, and and dreary. We ate in the restaurant twice; dinner was ok not great, breakfast was also ok not great. Glad we got to see the park - very beautiful.

Room Tip: Try the Best Western - note that the owners of Ruby's seem to own a lot of the rooms at the park...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank swk4222
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I started getting reservations for our Grand Canyon and other Canyon vacation in Febuary 2012. Bryce Canyon area was already sold out and Foster's Motel was the only place with vacancys. For some reason the room were going for $70.00 a night so I snapped up three considering myself lucky. You get what you pay for. These rooms were filthy and run down. The windows and air-conditners were installed in the '80s and hadn't been touched since then. The towels were worn out and thin, and the room carpets were indoor/outdoor dirty things. The bathrooms had been remodeled recently and there was plenty of hot water. We got what we needed, shelter from the elements, a place to go to the bathroom, and a shower. I would negotiate lower room rates though.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Southernpilot
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is not the Four Seasons but a great value for someone who wants a package deal. My family and I rode in on atv's after a long day of riding. We were able to rest in a clean room and have a great dinner, breakfast was included as well. For the money and what we needed, it was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in order that we could "do" Bryce Canyon with 2 American friends & returned for a further 2 nights to complete the "doing" as Bryce is so utterly unique. The Motel buildings are old & tired but situated back off the highway are quiet, the place has a perfectly good diner, shower etc worked OK. Yes, if you want to do a building survey you will be able to pick all sorts of faults, but come on, is a malfunctioning remote TV something to get bothered about? It's location is ideal for a simple"heads down" & it is conveniently located to Bryce & on the way in you passa Subway so getting sandwiches for the day is easy. There are other Motels between Red Canyon & Bryce which provide an alternative to the assumedly luxurious rooms available at Bryce City (Rubyville) which is the megacentre of all that is awful about tourism.

Room Tip: All the rooms are back off the highway
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place looks bad from the outside, but it was beyond terrible on the inside. We only stayed here because it was the only lodging near the entrance to Bryce Canyon that had a vacancy. The rate of $70 seemed reasonable, but I wouldn't pay $10 to stay in this dump. The beds in this tiny room were lumpy, there was no remote for the television, the phone didn't work, the molding around the window was torn off, there was no stopper in the bathroom sink, the hot water wasn't even warm, there was a large gap between the door and the jam so you could hear everything in the hall. I could go on and on, but suffice to say, this was the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and make reservations at Ruby's Best Western or Bryce Canyon Lodge. Both are well wor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BainbridgeGal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cannonville
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!