“Better off sleeping in your car!”

Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place looks bad from the outside, but it was beyond terrible on the inside. We only stayed here because it was the only lodging near the entrance to Bryce Canyon that had a vacancy. The rate of $70 seemed reasonable, but I wouldn't pay $10 to stay in this dump. The beds in this tiny room were lumpy, there was no remote for the television, the phone didn't work, the molding around the window was torn off, there was no stopper in the bathroom sink, the hot water wasn't even warm, there was a large gap between the door and the jam so you could hear everything in the hall. I could go on and on, but suffice to say, this was the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and make reservations at Ruby's Best Western or Bryce Canyon Lodge. Both are well wor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BainbridgeGal
There are newer reviews for Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel

Reviewed May 25, 2012

They are so awful, I don't know where to start. How about no one paid attention to me in the Restaurant/Front desk for 15 minutes, then gave me the key to a storage room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Ben D
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We reserved ahead of time so didn't see the motel or rooms. The motel looks like a labor camp and the corridor smelled of lysol to the point of making us queasy. The rooms smelled slightly better. Mattresses were thin, the springs were worn. We asked for our money back and left them $20 for their time.... we had reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights so that seemed fair to get out of the deal. We like to patronize the local motels, plain but clean, but this was outside our tolerance level.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jazzie F
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Foster's is one of the few hotels/motels in close proximity to Bryce Canyon. However, after our recent experience, I would strongly advise anyone to stay elsewhere. Find a place in Panguitch or Tropic (small towns some miles from Bryce). Of the four people in our party, three were the victims of multiple bug bites, more than likely bedbugs. One had a pretty mild case, but two required medical help and prescribed medications. Needless to say, this put a damper on our trip. And even though we reported the bites to Foster's management and one couple changed rooms, the suspect room was occupied by a newly arriving party a few hours later. Do not stay at Foster's! I don't trust them to address the problem.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is a lodging of necessity- not a destination motel. The staff is quite friendly and everything works in the room including a good choice of cable channels. It could use substantial modernization of the rooms. The restaurant was fine both for dinner and breakfast. Everything in the room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We booked the room months ago because we had a large group going and wanted to get multiple people in the room to cut down on the cost. When we got there it looked like a real dump. When we got the room key and went to the room it was not what I had reserved. The website showed a room with a double bed and a set on bunks, when I made the reservation they told me you could fit a rollaway in there also, so I booked it. BUT after goin into the room it was two double beds. So I went back to the office and the girl was a real snot, and I told her the problem and she said we haven't had rollaways for 3 years and they had no rooms with bunk beds in them. So I complained enough that they gave us a free room. What I should have done is leave and go somewhere else..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ArmyMom89
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Good clean facility with helpful staff. The staff in the resteraunt were vey graceous and extremely helpful. They were quick when we needed them to be and the food was great.
Our stay was satisfactory minus that we could not get a rollaway bed. The matresses were of average quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
#3 of 14 in Panguitch
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!