“Paid 20% more by booking in advance”
Review of Bryce Canyon Pines

Bryce Canyon Pines
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013. It is ideally located near the Bryce Canyon National Park. It's clean and quiet.

The only downside is that we paid 20% more than two customers who showed up at 10 pm that one night. They were offered a price that was way lower than ours... It's always disappointing that booking early = paying more...

Room Tip: The ones in the back are further away from the highway.
There are newer reviews for Bryce Canyon Pines

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed three nights at Bryce Canyon Pines, and our accommodation was basic but very good. Our room was reasonably sized, the beds were comfortable, the TV worked, the room was clean, the room was relatively quiet, and a big bonus was that the towels were large and plush. With the exception of the towels, which were definitely 5 star towels, the accommodation probably rates 2 or 3 stars. An additional bonus is the the Bryce Canyon Pines Restaurant is on the property. This is probably the best place to eat in Bryce, and in fact, we ate all our meals at this restaurant. We would definitely stay again on any future trips to Bryce and surrounds.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I made reservations with this Hotel / campground a month before my trip, one hour before I arrived (400 miles driven) I called to let them know I would be about an hour later than expected. That is when they told me they had canceled my reservation earlier in the day because they had no room ! When asking them how this could happen the woman hung up on me ! I called back and she then told me that it had rained and the RV area was muddy. She had lied the first time ! What in the world kind of outfit does this ? This is no way to treat a customer to be ! They didn't even call me to tell me I would have to look for another place to camp ! Not even an apology ! I ended up staying someplace else for more $$$ per night but in retrospect I am sure it was worth it ! Thank you for nothing Bryce Canyon Pines !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rick H
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As we walked in the door of our room in the main building, I smiled. The queen-sized bed was covered with a sunny yellow flowered spread, which made me feel welcome and at home. The room was adequately sized. There was no microwave or refrigerator that I recall. The room was very clean. Desk personnel were friendly. They have a restaurant on the premises, which was a mixed bag for dinner. A room like ours was $110 plus tax...we found almost all lodging we booked throughout the National Parks area was over $100 a night, and it was thankfully all clean and well kept and satisfactory, and we would stay in them again, but not rave about them.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Bryce Canyon Pines has a good location just a few miles from the park. The bungalows offer a nice large room with a comfortable bed. The decore is basic with no pictures on the walls. The bathroom is clean but a little on the small size. There is an ajoining restaurant that is very good for both dinner & breakfast. If you are lucky they will throw in a rare earthquake at no extra charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John98020
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wife and I stayed in one of the king deluxe cabin room for 2 nights. Rooms are clean but old and in need of serious updating and lots of maintenance. The rug was very old and had burn marks near fireplace, which is now converted to electric simulated fireplace. The super mini refrigerator was sitting on top of the microwave and was extremely noisy had to unplug it at night so we could sleep. First Day after hiking in Bryce could not take a shower since there was no hot water. The morning we were to leave we were locked in the room and could not get out. The deadbolt on our door would not open, the handle just spun and did not unlock the deadbolt . This was 6:15 AM and we wanted to pack our car so we could get breakfast and get early start. No one was at front desk to answer our call since it opened at 7 AM. So we called our friends who were traveling with us to help us remove the screen on the window in order climb out of the room. We climbed out our window and went to eat breakfast in their restaurant which is the only good review I can give the hotel. The restaurant is good food and plenty. Excellent restaurant. Unfortunately the day of our "lock in" we had more problems during breakfast, had to wait 1.5 hours for our breakfast since computers were down and had to wait for someone to fix it. After breakfast the lock to our room was removed so we entered our room and removed the rest of our belongings. We were running late, and in rushing, I left behind my night guard for my teeth in the room. Later that night when realizing this I called to ask if they found it and mail it back to me. Of course they did not find it, which in all probability was thrown in trash by cleaning people. I apologize to our neighbors in adjoining rooms who gave us a few unspeakable words during our ordeal to get out of the room for waking them . We did not get any compensation for our ordeal, and to add to insult, when I called to see if they found my Night guard they wanted me to pay for mailing back the Night guard if found?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dteckie
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was nothing fancy but clean and pleasant. Our room had a king size bed with a fireplace (which was wonderful). It was very quiet but we were the only ones in our building and with the road being nearby it still wasn't noisy. The hotel is located about 5 miles from the entrance of Bryce Canyon National Park and is located well for visiting other parks and sites in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Pioneer Village

Been to Bryce Canyon Pines? Share your experiences!