“Good motel for the area”
Review of Bryce Canyon Pines

Bryce Canyon Pines
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good motel for the area”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Rooms are comfortable and clean. In April we had a room for $65 plus tax, which was $10 higher than quoted in the AAA book. In May this goes up to $115. The Bryce Canyon area unlike the parks further east is very touristy. Prices are high, which is typical for this sort of area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked 2 rooms with them, and because of some reason, I have to cancel my reservation. I noticed there was a 10% non-refundable charge on my credit card, which is about $15. So when my time seems OK later, I think of booking again with them, use my previous 10% "credit" charged by them to make the same reservation. This time they ask me to provide credit card information again, so I asked "Can I just use that $15 charged by you previously to make new reservation?"

She didn't answer my question, but said "Give me your credit card information now, otherwise I cannot reserve for you."

Then I said, "Yes I will give you my credit card information, but before that, I just want to know how about the previous 10% charge, do I just pay the remaining 90% cost when I check in? And will you charge me another 10% right now?"

Again she didn't answer my question, but kept saying "I don't want to argue with you. You must give me a credit card to make the reservation; if you don't give me your credit card right now, I won't waste time with you, I have other customers waiting for me"

So ridiculous! Who is arguing with her! I just want to be clear about what will going on after I provide my credit card information, and how about the previously charged $15? And she thought explaining to me is a waste of time! I really feel uncomfortable about how they treat their customers!

I am always in a good manner, and this is the first time I write a 1-star review. It's the worst experience I've encountered for reserving rooms. I would rather lose my $15 deposit than contacting them again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rude owner of this motel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Nicole L
Nevada City, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Four of us stayed here for three days. The cottage we shared was clean and cozy. The owners were friendly and brought us firewood every day for the fireplace.
The restaurant lived up to all the good reviews we read here. Unlike one reviewer's comments, three of us ordered the trout dinner and it was delicious! Not over cooked. Done to perfection. The trout has pink meat and comes from Fish Lake which is about two hours away. I had the Boysenberry pie and it was also to die for. This Pines is located very close to Bryce Canyon NP and we had an incredible time. We will be back.

Room Tip: The family cottage was great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed 2 nights. Very clean. Very friendly. Affordable. They let me add another night for the same rate. Brand new room. Close to the entrance of national park. Restaurant on site. I usually stay in Marriotts; Am so glad I picked this local place.

Room Tip: If you stay on the west side you have a wonderful view of sunset and moon. And open field..really pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SuzieQTravels
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently thought I would try this motel. I booked a room on a Thursday evening. After reviewing possible vacation days at work I learned that the time I thought I was able
to take off would not be possible. The next evening - less than 24 hours later - I cancelled
my hotel reservation. The trip was 2 months in advance. The owner of the hotel
only refunded part of the charge for the hotel and kept $13.50 fee for a reservation that was not even 24 hours old. It made me realize how glad I am that I am not actually going to stay
at that hotel even if I was going on this trip. I have reserved at hotels around the world with people who do not even speak English and I have never been charged for canceling a reservation well in advance. Only at this "Bryce Canyon Pines" motel. Beware and stay away.

Room Tip: Awful - do not stay here! Stay away!!! Beware - owners are dishonest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lbirose2016
Italy
Reviewed March 1, 2013

A nice place to stay to visit the wonderful canyon, staff really kind and friendly, not expensive. Rooms are clean and quiet, near the hotel there's a restaurant very nice. To me, the best place I found during my trip across California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. I would really like to go there again, sooner or later!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank luke111Italy
Manchester
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was a bit nervous when, upon receiving our room number, we continued past the main brick built block of rooms to what appeared to be a barn! However, inside the room was large and very nicely presented and my fears were allayed. The walls of our room did appear very thin, but I think most people at this motel were there for the same reasons as us and so we never heard any noise from them (although they may have been frustrated by our repeated 5 oclock exits to see sunrise).
There was also an exceptionally friendly cat hanging around outside our room on a couple of occasions to really make us feel at home. It is situated a little bit further out from Bryce NP than the Ruby's complex, but still a fair bit closer than the nearest town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank queenarmadillo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
#3 of 14 in Panguitch
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Bryce Canyon Pines? Share your experiences!