“Owners will rip you off”
Review of Bryce Canyon Pines

Bryce Canyon Pines
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently thought I would try this motel. I booked a room on a Thursday evening. After reviewing possible vacation days at work I learned that the time I thought I was able
to take off would not be possible. The next evening - less than 24 hours later - I cancelled
my hotel reservation. The trip was 2 months in advance. The owner of the hotel
only refunded part of the charge for the hotel and kept $13.50 fee for a reservation that was not even 24 hours old. It made me realize how glad I am that I am not actually going to stay
at that hotel even if I was going on this trip. I have reserved at hotels around the world with people who do not even speak English and I have never been charged for canceling a reservation well in advance. Only at this "Bryce Canyon Pines" motel. Beware and stay away.

Room Tip: Awful - do not stay here! Stay away!!! Beware - owners are dishonest.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank lbirose2016
There are newer reviews for Bryce Canyon Pines

Reviewed March 1, 2013

A nice place to stay to visit the wonderful canyon, staff really kind and friendly, not expensive. Rooms are clean and quiet, near the hotel there's a restaurant very nice. To me, the best place I found during my trip across California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. I would really like to go there again, sooner or later!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank luke111Italy
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was a bit nervous when, upon receiving our room number, we continued past the main brick built block of rooms to what appeared to be a barn! However, inside the room was large and very nicely presented and my fears were allayed. The walls of our room did appear very thin, but I think most people at this motel were there for the same reasons as us and so we never heard any noise from them (although they may have been frustrated by our repeated 5 oclock exits to see sunrise).
There was also an exceptionally friendly cat hanging around outside our room on a couple of occasions to really make us feel at home. It is situated a little bit further out from Bryce NP than the Ruby's complex, but still a fair bit closer than the nearest town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank queenarmadillo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at Bryce Canyon Pines motel in November. When we checked in, the room (actually a cottage) was cold, so we turned up the heat and went to tour Bryce Canyon National Park. When we got back, the room was warm. It was more than a room though - a bedroom, living room, a room with 2 sinks and closet space, a bathroom, and a kitchen. The living room had a wood burning fireplace, and wood was provided for free. Outside was a porch with chairs for looking at the view.

The kitchen had a full size refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and plates, bowls, utensils, and pots and pans. It did not have a dishwasher, and I don't remember if it had a stove or not. There was a table and chairs there too, for eating.

But the star of the place was the wood burning fireplace. The fireplace had no damper (which I thought was strange, but would possibly explain why the room was cold when we arrived). But it did have a heatilator. The wood provided was very dry and easy to light. (Old newspapers were also provided for this). I'm not too sure what type of wood it was, but it blazed nicely, although it needed a lot of fire-tending to keep it blazing.

The wood supply was resupplied the next day. We enjoyed our stay here, as we explored Bryce Canyon National Park and toured along Route 12 (with it's fantastic scenery). We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed our meal there, too.

We'd go back to this motel.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have fireplaces. We asked specifically for one in our reservation.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hedo-goer
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here for four nights in September. I’m not sure why there are comments here about the motel being old; new isn’t necessarily better and being European nothing in this part of the world is anything like approaching old! Our cabin was lovely; very clean, extremely comfortable, great views out of the window and from the porch and all the furnishings were good quality; the location is very quiet because cabins are far enough away from the road and well built and insulated. The restaurant is a place with a lot of character (take that however you like!). There is an eccentric “system” for welcoming and seating customers but the service is friendly and attentive; the food is very good given that this is place with no pretensions (you’d pay a great deal more if it was!); breakfasts are excellent; they provide a good range of wines and beers; the décor is cosy and interesting and there is a good mix of locals, travellers and tourists to make the place really interesting. We ate here for four evenings and were very satisfied. There is a gas station and laundry just over the road owned by the same people I think. This is an excellent base for exploring Bryce Canyon; and Bryce Canyon is most certainly worth exploring!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PhilFiler
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Bryce Canyon. Our room was clean and comfortable. It is an older motel, but they are doing what they can to make it nice. Definately recommended. It is less than 10 min from the park and we were able to go in for sunset the night we arrived and then sunrise early the next morning. The restaurant at the motel is excellent, food is good, service is friendly and quick, a definate plus! We would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luv2travl23
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed 2 night at Bryce Canyon Pines Motel. The motel is older as are most motels in this area of Utah. The price was good, it was clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the location was perfect to visit Bryce Canyon. Their restaurant has the best food around. They are rater number 1 on TripAdvisor and that's why we ate there for every meal. They are known for their pies..... and after having several pieces during our stay, I know why, wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SENCFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Pioneer Village

Been to Bryce Canyon Pines? Share your experiences!