“Nice place in small town”

Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our second stop in our trip to Utah's 5 National Park. This is a newer hotel that is part of the Ruby's Inn complex. A large place with I believe 3 buildings of rooms. Our room was in the main building. Good: we were just around the corner to the Breakfast Room. Bad: It is a little noisy being close to the elevator but quieted down later at night. Our room was nicely furnished but had no view. Very clean. Breakfast was okay. Large breakfast room to handle the guests so no problem finding a table. Usually fair for breakfast: bagels, breads, muffins, juice, gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, bananas, and apples. Wish these places would include English Muffins. Places to eat dinner and lunch were limited. But Ruby's Inn restaurant has large portions to split. There is a gift shop, grocery section and gas available. The "old town" section had closed when we got there so not much to do. This is typical of seasonal areas. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ended up here after having issues with our cabin inside Bryce National Park. We usually stay inside the national parks when we travel, as it makes the trip so much nicer to be inside the park in the morning and evening when the crowds leave.

After being a guest previously at Bryce Lodge we were returning for our second visit. The management had changed hands, from Xanterra to Forever Resorts. The change was not good. The cabins were really dirty and disgusting...for $200 a night.

Good thing I had read the reviews for this Best Western before our trip and I was able to get a room here for half the price at 6:30pm when we left the Bryce Lodge.

It is a very short trip from this hotel inside of Bryce Canyon. Based on this information I would say this option is just as good as staying inside Bryce, especially with the accommodations inside the park being so poor.

Inside of hotel is very nice. The rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable. There is free internet but I have to warn people about accessing sensitive sites while there. I happened to get on the internet on my Ipad to open a Best Western rewards account to earn miles for my stay. I used an email address I rarely use. Within hours I received an email on a secondary account from Google saying someone in the Utah area was trying to compromise that email account and they have blocked access. So someone was grabbing info from their free internet...be warned. From that point on I did not access anything with passwords.

The one true disappointment with this location was the free breakfast. Not a biggy for us because we didn't book there because of this. None of the juice machines worked. The biscuits were hard as a rock. No fruit except apples and grapefruit. We grabbed a few things and got on the road. Front desk staff wasn't very friendly.

If I come through the area to visit Bryce this is where I would stay. I would not recommend staying in the park until new management takes over.

Room Tip: Our 3rd floor room stayed pretty warm and we had no heat on. It was pretty cold outside. We did he...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We took a two day trip to Bryce Canyon and chose this newer Best Western hotel just outside the park entrance. Atmosphere was 'lodgey', with open beams and a crackling (gas) fireplace. The room was quite spacious with two queen beds, plus a pullout sofa and a flat screen tv with a huge selection of channels to choose from. There are two sinks and large wall mounted mirror in the bathroom area. The toilet and bath/shower are in a separate room that is strangely tiny compared to the square footage of the whole room. A limited breakfast buffet is offered daily from 6:30 to 9:30 am. Get there early. It's packed. When the buffet closes, there is no other food available here. You must walk across the street to Ruby's restaurant/hotel/souvenir shop and small 'market' in back. No reservations taken, line up first come, first served. Try to get there before all the tourist buses pull up. During the summer, there is a small diner, a pizza barn, and Ebenezers cowboy dinner show. Other than grabbing some microwave stuff and eating in your room, that's all there is for food. This park is remote and doesn't have the same amenities like Zion or the Grand Canyon. Bring food and something to drink!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped at Bryce Canyon to hike, Best Western was perfect location to canyon and good services. Breakfast was good lots of healthy food and good coffee in room as well as breakfast and breakfast area was quite spacious to accommodate a large number of guests.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Bryce town is verysmall and hotel does tend to dominate as you drive in so no problems finding it. Check in effecient, nice lobby area, good parking, had booked 2queen suite, as we like extra room and separate seating area. Did ask to see if any upgrades avail however hotel fully booked that night, seem to get alot of coach tours in. Initially very happy with room, however the person on th floor above us was either very noisey or there is no soundproofing at all between floors, either way did not have a great nights sleep. Rang reception (OANA) the next morning to see if we could change to another room for our 2nd nite -she was very sympathetic but said no other rooms similar to ours were avail but she did offer to contact other guest and ask that they be more quiet, however about 20 mins later she rang us back to say she had managed to find us another comparable room on the top/4th floor, and by the time we had packed up the new room was ready for us - very happy with the way this was handled - thanks Oana. Hotel location, is good right on edge of park, included breakfasts were fantastic, best we have come across. Recomend staying here. Got a good price on internet - staying in nonpeak time gave good price

Room Tip: Try to get a top /4th floor room to reduce noise
1  Thank kiwigreenman
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our stay at the Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel was a wonderful experience and the location in conjunction with Bryce Canyon National Park was excellent. A straight shot to the park. There are places to eat nearby and at the lodge in the park. We chose to eat away from Bryce Canyon City and ate at a soup and pie restaurant on Highway 12, about 5 miles away and it was very good.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The design of the relatively new (just 3 or 4 years old I believe) BWBC is gorgeous and resembles more of a lodge than a typical hotel. The reception area with the vaulted ceilings, fireplace, and cozy living room setting were so wonderful to lounge in.

The only negative thing that happened, happened on the day of our arrival when the front desk clerk was rather rude and brusque in informing our group that they did not have early check in. We were all fine with that, but she kept repeating, "We can only guarantee check in at 4pm"... and not with a smile. I wasn't even certain I was booked at that particular hotel (or at Ruby's across the street) and before I could even ASK the question, she rudely interrupted me and said, "We can only guarantee check in at 4pm". I paused and said, "I would like to FIRST know if I'm even booked at this hotel!" Really, she was horribly rude to a group of upbeat, enthusiastic people who were not being demanding--only curious.

Thankfully, we never saw her again and the rest of our stay was brilliant. But given how important first impressions are, that was a less than positive encounter.

The breakfast staff was also somewhat testy, though by the end of the week when the hotel was swarming with bus tours, I could see why that might be the case. I was disappointed that THERE WERE NO VEGETABLES AT THE BREAKFAST BAR! They go through the effort of providing a wonderful hot breakfast with pancakes and waffles and bacon and sausage and scrambled eggs, etc... but no one thought to perhaps sautee up some peppers or onions too? As a vegetarian (not vegan), I found things to eat (there was fruit and yogurt) but something other than starches (bread, waffles, potatoes, biscuits, grits) would have been welcomed as a side dish. And if you're already frying the heck out of stuff, why not throw on some bell peppers and onions?

Nevertheless, all's well that ends well, as they say. I would love to stay there again should I ever find myself in Bryce Canyon.

(p.s. your "What sort of trip was this?" needs to add a category: "Group" or "Tour". I was on a small-group photography workshop... not with 'friends' or family but not Solo either.)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Kim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Mountain Ridge Motel and Cabins

Been to Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!