“Five stars for a four star hotel”

Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a solid four star hotel.

We had a great stay here. Since it is *freezing* in Bryce right now (it’s “low season”), the hotel must have had extra rooms and gave us a free upgrade. (Thanks nice front desk people!) We had a very spacious room that also included a coffee maker and microwave. The room comes with free hot breakfast and that was amazing! Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, donuts, waffles, you name it. Yum!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iheartsc_01
BryceCanyonGrand_mgr, Manager's Assistant at Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand for your stay! I'm glad we were able to get you an upgraded room, it's nice when we're able to surprise a guest with that. We try to have a good variety in our breakfast buffet, it makes for a nice start to a day of hiking!

We appreciate your comments and hope to have you visit again! If we can be of assistance in the future, please contact us at 435-834-5770.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was very surprised at the Quality of Hotel This Best Western offered. Upon check in we were upgraded to a king suite at no extra charge. Everyone was quite helpful with our questions on the area. We plan to go back again mayber in October.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank William K
BryceCanyonGrand_mgr, Manager's Assistant at Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your first visit to Bryce Canyon National Park. I hope you liked the upgraded room! We look forward to you coming back.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please contact us at 435-834-5770.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A wonderfull hotel! everything there was exellent! The hospitality of thr crew, the rooms , the reception , breakfast - super!We came there 4 adults , and enjoied every minute !
They have a nice hot tub ,nice and cozy fier place. don't miss it

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amalia G

I'm glad you really enjoyed your stay with us! The hot tub and fireplace are big draws during the colder months, it's good you were able to take advantage of them.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The place is very good, superbly located, and given that mid-March is deeply off-season to visit Bryce Canyon, reasonably cheap ($80/day). We also got a free upgrade to a large suite room, which didn't exactly spoil our opinion of the place. Most of the social action - shops, eateries, post office, and even some entertainment - is in or around Ruby's but a car trip will take you there in under 1 minute. The breakfast was average at best, but we didn't expect much.

For those like me hooked on Internet, WiFi there was practically nonexistent. Reading a text email was a chore, browsing news was an exercise in patience, and just forget anything over 1Mb. I hope they fix it soon; it's 21st century, for Christ's sake.

Oh, and one important note. If you, like me, have a weak heart or a breathing problem, do not forget to crack the window open; unlike many other hotels trying to decrease heating costs, BW Grand allows it, which pretty much saved my life. Given the elevation at which the hotel is located, you'll need every bit of oxygen you can get!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pitenana

Thank you for this review of your stay. I hope you enjoyed the larger room upgrade. The winter time is definitely a good opportunity to visit at our offseason rates and the Canyon is beautiful any time of year. I'm sorry to hear you had some difficulties with the Wifi, it's normally a really good connection.

We do appreciate your comments and hope to have you visit again! If we can be of assistance in the future, please contact us at 435-834-5770.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent one Friday night at the hotel during the late winter. The room was very clean and more nicely furnished that I was expecting. The lobby is beautiful, the included breakfast decent, and the outside hot tub a bonus. I walked past a nice workout gym too. Bryce Canyon NP is about a mile down the road. This hotel is your best bet for lodging and as a base for a hiking vacation in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
BryceCanyonGrand_mgr, Manager's Assistant at Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel. Right outside the park, it is a great starting place for exploration of the Canyon. The hot tub is a nice place to relax after a long day of hiking and photography.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you visit Bryce Canyon in the winter the National Park lodge is closed (till end of March) so this was our recent alternative choice. This is a lovely facility. Newer and more luxurious than any of the other area options. Good staff, clean spacious rooms, great breakfast. Not too bad winter rates. Just a note, the indoor pool is not on site and not "across the street" as staff will say, but at the Ruby's Inn about 1/4 mile away down a long drive and across the main highway. Only a problem in the winter since they do have their own outdoor pool for seasonal use. Dinner in winter can also be problematic since the only nearby open restaurant is also at Ruby's and wait times can be long, especially if a tour group is there. If you are a light eater and not fussy there is a decent grocery store in the Ruby's complex (hidden in back of the gift store) where you can rustle up your own meal with the help of the room's microwave. Choose rooms on the top floor for the best views and quiet night.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have best views, are warm in winter, and quiet. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sentravelor

We're glad to have been the choice for your recent visit to Bryce Canyon National Park. I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel. Options for lunch and dinner can be limited during the winter, as most of the local restaurants are closed, but Ruby's Cowboy Steakhouse is usually pretty quick at getting guests seated. The grocery section of the General Store is a good option, as you pointed out, well-stocked with a variety of fresh and frozen foods for snacking or meals.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I didn't expect something this nice. It had been many years since I was last at Ruby's Inn. I'd assume anyone staying here comes for Bryce Cyn - which makes this a wonderful location. I stayed during the off season, so I thought the rate was quite a bargain for a facility of this quality. May not be the same during the summer. The rooms are quite spacious. The breakfast area large with a great selection - definitely a temptation to over eat. The fitness center is basic, but uncrowded and roomier than the average motel facility - at least in winter. Didn't use the outdoor hot tub, but I noticed they kept it steaming even through a snowfall. Quite pretty. A couple negatives. Given the location and purpose of the property, I was pleasantly surprised to find it had wireless internet. However I quickly gave up as it was so slow as to be almost useless. The rooms have a dark decor that is attractive, but soaks up light at night. My room had a multiple burned out lights which I didn't notice until well after normal maintenance hours. Given location the facility may suffer short bulb life due to "dirty" power - or perhaps just a coincidence. Either way, if you plan to read in the evening, I suggest checking your lights while the maintenance staff is readily available. Last, when I checked out, I noticed the rate on my invoice was higher than my quoted rate. The desk clerk found that she had erroneously checked out the party in the room directly below mine. She promptly corrected the error. This kind of mistake could happen anywhere, so it was really just a good reminder to check the invoice before leaving - especially at a larger facility like this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob R

Welcome back to the area! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our newer hotel during your visit. Sorry to hear that you had a couple of problems with the wireless connection and lights while you were with us. We're always working to improve and we know our guests are usually traveling far distances and needing to stay connected to home or work. Please keep in mind that we have maintenance staff on shift 24 hours a day to see to your needs. If you have any troubles in a future stay, please don't hesitate to let the front desk know and we'll get it fixed for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryce
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Mountain Ridge Motel and Cabins

Been to Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!