“cozy”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brighton
Park City, Utah
“cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We went to Silver Fork for a spontaneous birthday celebration right before the season changed to "busy" (fall to winter). We got a special deal on the room, which was very quaint and cozy (this is why I rated the deal as very good, I would not pay the full rate to stay here). As far as we could tell, there was only one other couple staying at the Inn. This was a good thing because the walls are thin and you can hear every foot step in the rustic building! We had a good stay overall. The staff was friendly and we had a private soak in the hot tub in the morning. The server we had in the restaurant at dinner seemed new and/or inexperienced. The breakfast was much better for food quality and table service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sueskisitall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Holladay, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was my second time to Silver Fork. This time I took my wife for her birthday. Honestly I could cook better food for about 40 bucks less than we paid. My steak was not very good and my wife's pasta was not good at all. Our waiter never got us refills on our drinks and never even offered. He was too busy for us. The guest should not have to ask for a drink refill. The scenery is the only thing going for this place. Way too much money for mediocre food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FeteFete
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

We came in from Tampa and we were so impressed with the staff and this great place. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

After missing a trip due to a militaqry recall, i was fortunate enough to make it back to the Silver Fork in Brighton for a stellar 5 day board/ski trip. As the title indicates, this review is about improving on perfection. I have found that in life, the good things just dont seem to last. Not the case with the Silver Fork. This was my (I may have lost count) fourth or fifth stay and and it just keeps getting better! Please take a look at my review from 2009 and you will see what the base is to the Silver Fork experience. The outstanding value remains with a breakfast that remains the best I have had, ever! The lodge still maintains the policy of providing complimentary shuttle service to Solitude and Brighton resorts. As mentioned before, this eliminates any need for a rental vehicle. My ski bud and I had a daily regimen of enjoying the breakfast and getting a shuttle up to Brighton. After a full day of riding/skiing, a simple call to the lodge for a ride and we would be back down to the lodge in the late afternoon. As the owner, Dan Knopp paid a close attention to detail by insuring that the out door hot tub was uncovered and ready for our use on return to the lodge. One of many nice attentions to detail is the built in heating element in the stone work adjacent to the tub, allowing you to comfortably sit on the edge odf the tun for full enjoyment. Being 50+ in age, my ski bud and I greatly appreciated the perfect temperature of the tub and the powerful jets. Truly therapeutic. The outstanding beers on tap from the tavern adjacent to the dining room were of further benefit to our healing. As mentioned in previous review, the dining at the Silver Fork is outrageous! I have found that in most dining experiences, quality and quantity rarely go together. Not here! Dinner is outstanding! Plan on taking your time to enjoy a well cooked meal with filling proportions. I specifically recommend the Brisket and the Rib eye.
One can really enjoy breakfast, skip lunch (or go with a light snack) and take care with dinner.
As advertised, no TV or radio in the rooms, however, Dan maintains a sattelite TV with every channel imaginable and a VCR and DVD in a very comfortable common area.

Should you need internet capability, it is here. The complimentary wifi capability in the lodge is better than most major hotel chains. I spent most of the evening with a good book in the common area.

Personal guest service is the way of the Lodge. On every shuttle ride, questions and expert advice were always provided. I was especially pleased when the general Manager, Melissa took time out of her busy day to come and get us one afternoon.

True personal attention and service was demonstrated by the Assistant Manager Jeff. I believe that I commented in a previous review that on a visit a few years ago, Jeff transported me to the Brighton medical clinic when i was suffering from an extreme migraine. Jeff's care and concern saved that trip for me. On this trip, my ski bud and I were extremely fortunate in having Jeff take us on a few runs at Brighton. Jeff provided some great insight on the mountain and even helped me with pointers on my ride.

On our last day, we were able to arrange a late check out (within reason of course) to allow us to get in one more session at Brighton. Should check in occupancy not allow a late check out, the staff is more than happy to store luggage for you. On the return to the lodge, I was able to order some lunch with my outstanding server Beth and delay actual serving until I was cleansed and packed. This allowed me and ski bud to get more than a half day in at Brighton and be cleansed and fed prior to departing to the airport.

As mentioned, perfection improved on. To Dan, Melissa, Grace, Beth, Daniel, Barbara, John and the rest of the staff, THANK YOU! See you all next year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank brighton4me
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed for a night at the Silver Fork in the summer. It was a 1 day getaway from the city. The lodge is very charming and a pleasant change from the cookie-cutter hotels we normally end up staying. The location is great, right between Solitude and Brighton ski resorts, which are the ones most frequented by the locals. There is multitude of hikes around as well as wildlife.

The rooms are very small, but it is understandable for the lodge of such an age. Each room has a bathroom, though. Everything is nice and clean. There is a TV room with leather couches and books and well as the "rec room" with a ping-pong table and foosball. The rec room was actually the lowest point. It is very small, so playing ping-pong with walls so close to the table and low ceiling was not the best. Also, the rec room screams for a remodel, there were actual holes in the walls.

The hotel has a sauna and a large hot-tub, but we didn't use either one.

The adjoining restaurant features some of the best breakfasts in the valley. And for the lodge's guests, the breakfast is free. Amazing value! The restaurant has a big porch which is a frequent stop for hummingbirds. The staff is very courteous and pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

This is the place, so close to the best snow and least crowded resorts in the SLC area. The staff was friendly but not overbearing. They leave you alone but help out immediately if you need anything. This is not the place to stay if you need to be pampered and catered too. But if you want to have a good time at your own pace in a laid back atmosphere then this is your Nirvana. The food was incredible and huge portions to keep you going for a whole day on the slopes. The Après ski hit the spot followed by a nice soak in the hot tub topped off by a sit in the sauna. The rooms are not luxurious but comfortable and clean. No TVs or phone in the room; but a sitting room downstairs allows you to re-hash the day’s totally sweet lines through the bowls of Brighton or Solitude and it also gives you a chance to meet other guests. Simple rooms, good food, and a relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Stayed in this authentically retro ski lodge with our family for five nights over the holidays. It costs less than half of any other ski lodging and provides easy access to Brighton and Solitude, which are also relatively inexpensive places to ski. Accommodations were serviceable but the dining and recreational facilities were clearly the main focus of this establishment. There is a wonderful deep outdoor hot tub large enough for at least 12 people, though you have to uncover and cover it yourself. There is also a great sauna along with ping pong, foosball in a downstairs lounge and an upstairs TV lounge. The restaurant is charming and has great food, at least by Utah standards. You can eat almost half of your room charge at breakfast, which is included with the cost of the room. Dinners are also reasonable and generally tasty with pleasant service. An unexpected high point was the tap water, which is really superb - probably the best I have ever tasted. On our last day we noticed a 2009 award on the mantle for its quality.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Alta's Rustler Lodge
Alta Peruvian Lodge
Snowpine Lodge
Snowpine Lodge
#2 of 5 in Alta

Been to Silver Fork Lodge? Share your experiences!